Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 07:20 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times

Advertisements

A brand new poster, and a 28 year old dating a 60 year old hmmm? Oh well, if you are sincere, his problems in the bedroom will get worse as he ages. It has nothing to do with you; it just happens sometimes. Also, I think this age difference happens a lot less than men would like it to. I am about your age, and I don't find many 60 year old men attractive. They are my father's generation, and we don't have anything to talk about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 07:28 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noonday demon View Post
Over the winter, I inadvertently found myself getting more involved with a man that has been a friend and mentor to me for the past 3 years. We are now dating but since I am finishing up school and stressed he agreed to somewhat put off a full-blown relationship until I am done. We still see each other every couple weekends. I'm almost 28 and he is around 60.

There are of course pro's and con's to dating older men. He is actually LESS experienced than I am in the bedroom, and while our sex life is sometimes great, other times he has a hard time staying erect or orgasming. This happened the last time I saw him, and it makes me feel really insecure and crummy about myself, which also affects how attractive I find him. In addition, his regret over not having more sexual partners in his earlier life makes me a tad bit angry, since it seems every guy (no matter what age) I date feels this way, and indirectly reflects onto you as a second choice to all the women they could have had. However, I believe/hope that he would be loyal and treat me well.

To add to that, I am experiencing my own quarter-life crisis. I am nearing 28 and am only now finishing up my Bachelor's degree. I have no idea what career I can get once I graduate. I've always imagined myself as single and enjoy the solitary life, though am admittedly closed off from previous heartbreaks. Adding someone into the picture is frightening and foreign. It's hard to give up my freedom. While I have feelings for this guy, I also have an intense desire to run away from him and the rest of my current life.

Advice?
you dump this guy because it is not going to work.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:38 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,642,628 times
Hes 60, what did you expect?

Find a younger man whos virile and hard if him getting old turns you off.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:57 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
I had a crush on one of my college professors, who was probably in his 60s. I was 20. I have no idea how you "inadvertently" started dating and having sex, but I would have dallied a while if I were single and he made a move. So it's not beyond the pale, as far as I am concerned. However, if you want marriage and children, move on soon and don't waste time you can't get back.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:58 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
I'm in my 40s and its hard for me to find much in common with someone who is half my age. We go through changes both physically and emotionally as we age... with that age difference two people will be in different stages i their lives. I'm not saying it can't work out but its going to be a relationship that demands special care.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:59 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Over the winter, I inadvertently found myself getting more involved with a man that has been a friend and mentor to me for the past 3 years. We are now dating but since I am finishing up school and stressed he agreed to somewhat put off a full-blown relationship until I am done. We still see each other every couple weekends. I'm almost 28 and he is around 60.

There are of course pro's and con's to dating older men. He is actually LESS experienced than I am in the bedroom, and while our sex life is sometimes great, other times he has a hard time staying erect or orgasming. This happened the last time I saw him, and it makes me feel really insecure and crummy about myself, which also affects how attractive I find him. In addition, his regret over not having more sexual partners in his earlier life makes me a tad bit angry, since it seems every guy (no matter what age) I date feels this way, and indirectly reflects onto you as a second choice to all the women they could have had. However, I believe/hope that he would be loyal and treat me well.

To add to that, I am experiencing my own quarter-life crisis. I am nearing 28 and am only now finishing up my Bachelor's degree. I have no idea what career I can get once I graduate. I've always imagined myself as single and enjoy the solitary life, though am admittedly closed off from previous heartbreaks. Adding someone into the picture is frightening and foreign. It's hard to give up my freedom. While I have feelings for this guy, I also have an intense desire to run away from him and the rest of my current life.

Advice?
Ask yourself where do you see yourself in 10 years.
Do you really love him and can you imagine yourself at 38, established in your career spending your time caring for your 70 year old husband and being happy doing that.

By your own admission, No.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:57 AM

6 posts, read 4,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
That's what I was thinking. 60?!

28 is the age of beginning a career and family. He is half in the grave. Good golly! How old are her parents?!

I'm really finding this thread hard to believe.

ED is not a medical 'problem' for a guy who is 60. It's a natural protection from the body so as to not die while trying to perform such a stunt as sex.
Why is this hard to believe? My parents are 57. My dad plays basketball 5 times a week. That's more exercise than most 20 year olds.

I haven't actually asked him how old he is. I don't see him very often because of school, so age is not the first thing we talk about when I do. He has good genes - hardly any white hairs. Let's say he is above 50 for sure.

If you're not having sex when you're 60 I feel bad for you son. Everyone knows people who do it more live longer!

Anyways, this is a serious post.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:57 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times
Quote:
While I have feelings for this guy, I also have an intense desire to run away from him and the rest of my current life.

Advice?
Advice? Always listen to your little voice. Your little voice seems to be speaking very clearly.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:16 PM

971 posts, read 689,149 times
Don't take it personally he has "equipment failure" sometimes during sex. Half the men over 40 experience erectile dysfuncation and it is not you. Sometimes we get feelings for those who are not our age. It happens. While he has no grey hair now, is healthy and active, and probably looks good, here is the problem. This is why I am not in a relationship with a cute little gal half my age. Maybe not this year or next year, but he WILL get grey hair, get wrinkles, lose energy and become less active, and at some age develop health problems. We all do. Wrost case he could just up and die on you.

So...while all is well now, it won't stay that way. I am sure at over 50 he doesn't want children, so you need to be ok with that. You also need to realize the time will come when you are a 30's - 40's woman who still likes/needs sex, and he can't participate. This much age difference is a setup for failure.

That being said, if you two can have fun without getting too attached and agree that it has no future, I say go for it as long as it works for you.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:38 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:

Advice?
Well, new member, you accept that he's 60 and that the older a man gets, the more difficult it is for him to get and maintain an erection.

Ambivalence is no way to be in a relationship. Let the poor guy go. You're too young for him. He's too old for you.

There, I said it. Thirty-two years is more than your entire life in one giant age and generation gap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships