Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 831 times

Advertisements

Is it true that there is a lot of drama in a marriage? Because I have dated so many women in the past and every last one of them I constantly have to listen to constant drama. A lot of my colleagues at work tell me all the time of their wives being major drama queens. That is the reason why I see husbands trying to get away from the house to go golfing with their buddies on weekends. I just wonder how husbands put up with it? Do they get a life supply of Prozac for a wedding gift or something? How do they put up with it? I know that if some husband will publicaly go and complain about drama in his marriage or about his wife on the Internet or among other people, his relationship and his financial status will be in danger and major jeopardy. Am I right? They know that the woman wears the pants in the family after they get married. And it is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 11:22 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
If you marry a drama queen (or king), then it's pretty much a given that the relationship will be equally dramatic and emotionally exhausting... and it will probably keep getting worse.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:24 AM

2,145 posts, read 3,061,004 times
You are wrong. Good marriages do not have a lot of drama. And welcome to C-D!

Old 04-26-2015, 11:31 AM

97 posts, read 80,630 times
I loathe drama. It's in fact one of the reasons why I remained single the first 4 decades of my life. Now I'm married. I'm drowning in it. And the poor readers of this forum too. But hey this is my only outlet to vent. To keep myself sane. Most of the time I don't think the posters here help me though. And I don't know if I resent them for influencing me on getting the plan B pill on the darkest moment of my life.

In the end it was my decision.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:49 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,928 times
c-d registration must be quicker and easier than i remember.

anyways...

drama comes only when you allow it, dont argue with and your hair will stay silky and black

Old 04-26-2015, 12:26 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatacura View Post
Is it true ... it is true.
Wow, first post and you answered your own question.

Your answer is wrong, but you answered it.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:33 PM

22,588 posts, read 47,660,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatacura View Post
Is it true that there is a lot of drama in a marriage? Because I have dated so many women in the past and every last one of them I constantly have to listen to constant drama.
Wow!
Soooo... since you choose to date drama queens, you assume all marriages are filled with drama?

YOUR marriage will be filled with drama since you prefer that.
MY marriage is not.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:39 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,787,522 times
I've been married 26 years. This morning, I went in and snuggled my husband and told him his face was prickly. He rubbed my butt and said, "I like your butt. Do you wanna go get something to eat today?" And I said, "Yay! I don't hafta cook! I love you!"
So, yes, marriage is absolutely full of drama, obviously.

I can't remember the last time we fought, honestly. He's my best friend. That's the trick to having a good marriage... don't marry someone who bugs the crap outta you. Marry someone you actually LIKE. A lot. Because you're going to be spending a lot of time together.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:43 PM

11 posts, read 7,045 times
we can't talk about a marriage that is clear from drama it must be some quit a bit of drama from time to time it's normal but if it's all the time dramatic that's not a successful one

Old 04-26-2015, 12:46 PM

468 posts, read 483,659 times
I'm married for 3 months and no drama in my marriage. In fact, there was never drama in my relationship.
We both are grown Adults, both are Single/Unmarried, No kids. This is first marriage for both.
Know him 4 years total. And the relationship is full of fidelity, there no third party between us.

Nobody wear the pants in our marriage, we both respect each others. We both work, he work 2 jobs, I work 1 job. We both are Financially independent.

I tend to run away from my feelings. I run, he chase, lol
Husband is the one that like to sit down and talk it through until we find a common ground. I need to learn from my husband, he is a very level-headed guy.

He working 12-14 hours everyday, but never once he raise his voice on me. He doesn't think raise voice will solve anything. With him is "Baby, talk to me". He likes communication, talks out the problems.

He is a 29 year olds guy that doesn't smoke, doesn't drink. Doesn't have any baby mama, zero baby mama.
Never once he bad talk about his ex-GF, he had 2 relationships prior to met me, but he always say good things about his ex-GFs

I'm darn sure I married a drama-free guy, I also don't like drama.

Don't rush into marriage. Heck, don't even rush into dating. Be friends first, get to know one another.
Me and my husband were friends 2 years prior to dating. So by the time we date, we know each others quite well.

Good luck OP, you sound young. No worries, you learn life as it goes and relationship as it come.

Last edited by ishe; 04-26-2015 at 01:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships