Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 04:42 AM

29 posts, read 23,217 times

Advertisements

Yeah, it happened again. I've been on Christian Mingle for a little over year now. I've been chatting it up with a guy for a couple of weeks and I'm starting to see some potential for meeting the guy in person, so I give him my email address and we start exchanging emails. Third email and there's a picture attached so I open it up and WHAM. Him standing in front of the bathroom mirror with no shirt on- can't see from the waist down but far enough down to figure out he was probably either naked or wearing just his underwear.

That's like the fourth time this has happened since I've been on the site. One "gentleman" was so kind as to send me a full-frontal, partially erect nude then ask me to send him one after we had been on a couple dates. Believe me, it was not a pretty sight either. Each time I got one of those selfies, it was the deal breaker and I just ignored the guys afterwards after sending a "not interested anymore" message to them. Not that I am a prude or anything- but REALLY? Is this becoming the norm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 04:51 AM

2,145 posts, read 3,059,853 times
Crazy Christians!

Old 05-01-2015, 08:17 AM

387 posts, read 588,963 times
morons with no morals. don't waste your time on these losers

Old 05-01-2015, 08:24 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,093,479 times
Really.. from Christian Mingle?

Someone doesn't understand their targeted audience.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:36 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,282,594 times
This is somewhat typical, believe it or not. I know people that have done it and had great success. Most people just continue to do what works for them, until they find the person it does work with. The ones that don't, they just move away from. I think it comes from the heavy effort that's put into the dating game. After a while, men and women get lazy. Men get lazy by going straight to sex talk and women get lazy by using the phrase "Just Ask". It's the nature of OLD right now. Everyone IS FRUSTRATED!

Old 05-01-2015, 09:28 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,870 times
Anyone can go onto that site and say they are Christian, if you truly want to meet a Christian man, meet him at a church social.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:31 AM

609 posts, read 615,344 times
Wow I would be pretty offended by that too. They sound like trash. Maybe use a regular dating site?

Old 05-01-2015, 09:51 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,684,356 times
I personally wouldn't like it, but my guess he's probably just proud of the way he looks and is hoping it'll help to keep you interested. He probably doesn't realize that sort of a thing can be a big turnoff.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:57 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJane1 View Post
Yeah, it happened again. I've been on Christian Mingle for a little over year now. I've been chatting it up with a guy for a couple of weeks and I'm starting to see some potential for meeting the guy in person, so I give him my email address and we start exchanging emails. Third email and there's a picture attached so I open it up and WHAM. Him standing in front of the bathroom mirror with no shirt on- can't see from the waist down but far enough down to figure out he was probably either naked or wearing just his underwear.

That's like the fourth time this has happened since I've been on the site. One "gentleman" was so kind as to send me a full-frontal, partially erect nude then ask me to send him one after we had been on a couple dates. Believe me, it was not a pretty sight either. Each time I got one of those selfies, it was the deal breaker and I just ignored the guys afterwards after sending a "not interested anymore" message to them. Not that I am a prude or anything- but REALLY? Is this becoming the norm?
I think I'm going to send this to my co-worker who suggested that since I'm not having any luck with OKC, I should try Christian Mingle instead.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:58 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,978 times
I think that is very sad that losers join Christian Mingle, probably in the hopes of finding a vulnerable Christian woman.
Or who knows why they do it, but it's sad that you can't join a Christian site, and expect to find Christian partners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships