Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2015, 11:09 AM

75 posts, read 99,131 times

Advertisements

Some of the responses here are un-necessarily mean. If you don't want to offer support or advice to the OP, why post at all? Would you say the same thing to her if you were face-to-face?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 11:13 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Oh this has zero to do with my current relationship, which is extremely new.
But even if it's new it is still a relationship, so what's with all of this angsting? Why not just enjoy what you have now? Who knows what might happen.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:13 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWindBlowing View Post
Some of the responses here are un-necessarily mean. If you don't want to offer support or advice to the OP, why post at all? Would you say the same thing to her if you were face-to-face?

You don't have the history. She has been posting the same types of stuff for months and months on end. Same story. Same rejecting of sincere advice. Same lack of humility and lack of self awareness.

And damn straight I would in person.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:30 AM

625 posts, read 624,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWindBlowing View Post
Yes, I would if she whined about poor me I can't find a good man and what am I doing wrong like she has. You bet I would.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:31 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
You've asked the questions and have gotten responses, but are not exactly taking in the advice.

Good luck.
Not one person has answered how to get over the sadness I feel when I think about marriage not being in my cards.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:24 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Not one person has answered how to get over the sadness I feel when I think about marriage not being in my cards.
You may never get over the sadness, but you just have to focus on other things that make you happy.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:28 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,665 times
Quote:
Well maybe start thinking it is in the cards for you. Know your worth and that some day some guy would be lucky to have you as his wife! Keep thinking that nobody would ever marry you and I promise you nobody will, it's called a self fulfilling prophecy.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:36 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:

Focus on your kids and improving your career so you're not on public assistance and it will pass in time.

Old 05-08-2015, 01:01 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
I go to them with friends for social reasons and to have fun as a group. I do not go and pick up men. Never have picked up men at bars.
Is the "group" composed mostly of married people (with kids) or of singles and/or married couples who do not have kids (or have older kids)?

I know you aren't looking for men to pick up at bars, but most people do assume that single women are in bars to pick up men.

Old 05-08-2015, 01:05 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I'm all for partying. Even once a weekend. And I've dated single moms, one quite seriously. But it would totally turn me off it the reason she was living her kids with sitters was to go do shots and ride motorcycles around (especially while on public assistance). Sorry. It's the truth.
Yeah... I can see how that would be.

Leaving your kids with a sitter to go to a nice restaurant, even if you do have a few drinks, and then go see a movie or some other such activity seems like something a parent would regularly do.

Leaving your kids with a sitter to go do shots and ride around town on the back of a Harley (both of these together, not separately, and on a Saturday night or whatever) seems more like vacation activity or the thing you do when your old friend from college shows up in town and you haven't seen him/her for months/years.

And there's nothing wrong with it.

For example, leaving one's kids with a sitter to go out on a Sunday afternoon and take a long bike ride with a guy isn't unusual behavior for a mother.

I think the regular weekends in dive bars and the wild, cut up stuff is what might throw people off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships