Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 01:14 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
the real question is, are u actually interested? If ur logging in multiple times a day, it seems like u arent really that interested in them and are looking for something else? If you really...really were interested in that person, the pope could email u and u'd probably not care or look.

I think u need to ask urself if u really are interested in the person u are dating?
It's only been two dates, and we're supposed to have a third date this weekend. I am very interested in him, I'm just being cautious since I haven't had great experiences with OLD, I guess its me just trying to protect myself, because I actually do really like him.

Besides, some of those log-ons have been to see when he last logged on :-/ (shouldn't do that, I know)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 01:18 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
It's only been two dates, and we're supposed to have a third date this weekend. I am very interested in him, I'm just being cautious since I haven't had great experiences with OLD, I guess its me just trying to protect myself, because I actually do really like him.
thats good, i dont mean to put u on the hot seat. Technically both of u can do whatever u want until u both agree to an exclusive relationship. I've been "meh" about someone and keep dating them while still going online and checking messages and what not (didnt go on dates with anyone else or anything) but still seeing whats out there.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
thats good, i dont mean to put u on the hot seat. Technically both of u can do whatever u want until u both agree to an exclusive relationship. I've been "meh" about someone and keep dating them while still going online and checking messages and what not (didnt go on dates with anyone else or anything) but still seeing whats out there.
That's ok, I can see how it may come across that I'm not that into him, but in reality I am. Thanks!

Old 05-06-2015, 03:04 PM

708 posts, read 721,441 times
Can't you log on unanimously? That would solve the problem.

Old 05-06-2015, 03:07 PM

491 posts, read 402,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willistonite View Post
Hmmmm….. anonymously?

Old 05-06-2015, 03:14 PM

This is irritating to me, not so much because I care if someone is looking to see when the last time I logged on was (it's a dating site, that's what we're all there for), but because when I'm online, men see that I'm online and want to "chat" and sometimes get frustrated if I don't answer them right away. I'm not on OKC or tinder or whatever to chat, I'm just reading my messages and trying to answer some of them.

So I'll do one of two things, depending on my mood and how irritated I am: I'll "hide" my profile for a little while if i need to catch up on some messages and only go online super early in the morning or at some off-hour, not when the site has heavy traffic. Or I'll keep the app open on my iPad so it looks like I'm online ALL the time. I just explained to whoever I was talking to, hey, it looks like I'm there all the time because it's open all the time.

I went on a couple of dates with one guy and he mentioned how I was online all the time. I said, "I'm on there right now". He pulled out his phone, looked at the tinder app, and there I was...

Old 05-06-2015, 03:15 PM

708 posts, read 721,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetelle View Post
Hmmmm….. anonymously?
Thanks lol yes that is what I meant. Couldn't spell and picked the
wrong option with spell check. Now I know how to spell it. lol
Guys trying to spell could be another thread!

Old 05-06-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Thanks lol yes that is what I meant. Couldn't spell and picked the
wrong option with spell check. Now I know how to spell it. lol
Guys trying to spell could be another thread!
Lol I thought that's what you meant. Although if we all logged in unanimously it would just make the whole thing a lot easier.

Old 05-06-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Yes I guess that's what I'll do....anonymously

Haha is that what everyone does on these sites?

Old 05-12-2015, 01:15 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,613,839 times
Maybe my approach is to open but... .JUST ASK HIM!
Use the old tried and true method of HONESTY....

"Are you still logging on to find someone else to date or are we only seeing each other?"

You may not get the answer you expect, but at least you'll know - and he'll know your direct and to the point question means you want to be upfront and honest... pure signs of a good started relationship....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships