Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 03:35 PM

46 posts, read 58,664 times

Advertisements

Please do not judge, or be mean. I'm just telling my story and expressing my feelings. I would never dream of stealing away anyone's husband. This was just lunch with an interesting and cool (or so I thought) coworker

Remember I told you guys about my married coworker (he's 38 - I'm 22) we went out to lunch once and then made plans to go out to lunch every other Thursday?

Well last Thursday I went to the restaurant and ordered my sweet tea. While I was waiting he called me and said that one of his workers was using his truck to go to a vendor, and he would be late coming to lunch. I asked if I should just leave and he said we can postpone. He said he was getting another call, took it, and that was it.

I left and went back to work. I ended up calling him later and asked him why he said yes to lunch, when it seems like he doesn't really want to go? It seems like he likes that I'm waiting around for him or something, or it's an ego boost. He got all phony and said "Ok! Thank you! Have a great day!" And hung up.

He ended up having to call me a little while later regarding something work related and I got annoyed and said he was phony earlier. And he said he was p*ssed because I said he likes that I wait for him, or it's an ego boost. He said doesn't like anyone to wait for him. And he said he enjoyed our lunch and he liked talking to me, it was nice not to be bitched at about work stuff and he feels like a new man. He said he would like to reschedule for Wednesday. I said Ok.

Well, Wednesday came - today! And it was our scheduled lunch time. I looked out the window to see if his truck was in the employee parking lot (because I was not going to sit and wait for him again). Sure enough his truck was in the employee parking lot. I called him and asked him "what's up!" he said "where are you?" I said "I'm at the office!" he said I don't see you" I said I'm in the back office. He said "I'm on my way!"

I didn't see him.

I don't know if he meant he was on his way to the restaurant or what. But we never went to lunch, he never brought it up or said anything to me. And I went back to work. (he was at work too).

I ended up seeing him a few hours later, my coworker was talking to him about work stuff and waved me over, I stood there while they talked and I thought he would say something then but he didn't. He didn't even look at me.

I don't know what happened, or what's up with him. My feelings are hurt, and I just feel rejected as a person. I mean he said he enjoyed talking to me and he rescheduled lunch for today and then nothing came of it.

I don't know what to make of it. Maybe he didn't want to go in the first place? So he tried to ditch me.
But why say all those things and reschedule? Only to stand me up and not say anything. I don't understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 03:39 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
OP, you were already told what's up with this guy on the other thread.

Suck this up and just go do your job. Stop fantasizing about this married man.

Old 05-06-2015, 03:39 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,811 times
I say ignore him, he is a time waster and a flake. He has stood you u twice, don't make lunch plans with him anymore. If he talks to you make your feelings known, same if he were to ask you to meet up with lunch again.

No shame in letting him know that you are disappointed in him.

Just LET HIM GO! Find yourself another man and get on with your life and he will fade away. Live your life and stop it with this guy.

Old 05-06-2015, 03:41 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
This is a good thing!

Old 05-06-2015, 03:44 PM

46 posts, read 58,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
This is a good thing!
I know it is. But my feelings are still hurt. I'm just confused why he started acting weird?

It feels awkward now. I don't understand what happened.

4,575 posts, read 5,190,967 times
Probably is an ego boost. What do you expect of a man hanging around and getting touchy with you, but hides it from his wife? As stated in the other thread, the man is shown he is not trustworthy. So this really shouldn't be a shock to you.

Of course he likes the attention. He likes that you're the one stuck on him and waiting around for him. It is an ego boost. Especially when it's some young girl. And it does seem you're stuck on him because he's got a wife and goes on about his daily life, and meanwhile you're the one upset & venting. So you're more invested in this situation than he ever was, emotionally. He doesn't care about your platonic friendship, and never did.

Move on. Take up more hobbies, watch a fun film, cook, etc. But do something that doesn't involve this guy, or investing anymore thought and interaction into him.

Last edited by HappyRain; 05-06-2015 at 04:14 PM..

708 posts, read 721,324 times
He is married and a flirt. You need to move on girl! Now is the perfect opportunity, no more lunches.
No more anything other then work. You will find a single great guy, keep the faith.

Old 05-06-2015, 03:47 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freckle_face View Post
I know it is. But my feelings are still hurt. I'm just confused why he started acting weird?

Oh, I'm sorry you're hurt. Bake a cake; it will make you feel better. I promise.

Old 05-06-2015, 03:49 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freckle_face View Post
But my feelings are still hurt. I'm just confused why he started acting weird?

Because you are inexperienced with human behavior.

This is not about you. Well, it's a little about you. Don't go to lunch with an older, married man ... period. From now on.

But it's mostly about him. He's not into you. He's into what you can do for his ego. He's just bored and messing with you.

Be smart and leave married guys alone.

Old 05-06-2015, 03:52 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,670 times
OP:

The energy and the time that you are wasting on perusing this married male co-worker of yours....

Use it to get to get to know a guy your age who is not involved in any type of relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships