Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 06:53 AM

20,058 posts, read 18,229,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
I think there was chemistry! He was the one for the most part who kept reaching out to hold my hand and to kiss me! On our first date he even told me that he wasn't a serial dater and that he didn't believe in casual sex. He didn't seem to be a "player" type.

I just really want to know what it was!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If he has to make a big declaration of it on the first date, I would think he was trying to schmooze me. That's the furthest thing from a guy's mind who truly isn't a player. It wouldn't occur to him to put it up in lights.

But, that's just me, I guess. I was also wondering if it might be this (assuming he was sincere about not being after sex, which I wouldn't assume...):

A class or education difference, if it's not the other issue.

BING! BING! BING! We have a winner!!!!!

Old 05-08-2015, 07:07 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,787,246 times
Quote:
Maybe he did just want sex He didn't seem like the type.
They never do

Old 05-08-2015, 07:16 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,716,820 times
Quote:
WTF? We had chemistry, both have the same taste in music, both like to travel, both read, both are foodies, both like to hike, and both of us have the same taste in movies.
These are all very surface level things. Fundamentally, you may be two different people and still have these things in common.

Old 05-08-2015, 07:30 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,759,907 times
Quote:
Is it the norm when not being exclusive to date more than 1 woman and kiss all of them?

Yeah, of course, it is dating... and just kissing... it's actually the norm to sleep with all or most of them

Old 05-08-2015, 07:47 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,138,029 times
Quote:
I think there was chemistry! He was the one for the most part who kept reaching out to hold my hand and to kiss me! On our first date he even told me that he wasn't a serial dater and that he didn't believe in casual sex. He didn't seem to be a "player" type.

What it was is you dodging a bullet. I actually agree with you that it's crappy to initiate kissing someone multiple times before you're sure if there's something there.

Assuming it wasn't just that he was a player (you said you didn't get that read from him and I believe you), the only thing that springs to mind is that there was something else there that he saw as a conflict of interests. Something you might not have even noticed. Did discussion of politics come up, anything like that that he might have seen as a dealbreaker while you might not have?

But really, it may be futile to wonder why. I'm sorry you're hurting.

Old 05-08-2015, 07:53 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,138,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

He wasn't feeling it - for whatever reason - and he decided to let you know. Have you never, ever had a decent time with someone, even a great time, but still felt something inside that wasn't quite right?
Then he shouldn't have been reaching out to hold her hand and kiss her. Over and over. I think she totally makes a case for having been led to believe he was "feeling it". But, that is life. May the next one be more clear with his actions.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:00 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,619,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post
Then he shouldn't have been reaching out to hold her hand and kiss her. Over and over. I think she totally makes a case for having been led to believe he was "feeling it". But, that is life. May the next one be more clear with his actions.
No, OP needs to restrain her emotions.

This is a very common way to test chemistry. Happens all the time, doesn't mean much.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:01 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,759,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post

Oh please, that is part of the dating process to find out if there is anything there to feel / connect to.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:06 AM

6,420 posts, read 9,737,590 times
Quote:

Instead of crying you should respect the fact that he was honest with you about the future. He didn't feel the same as you did. That doesnt make him wrong, it doesnt make you wrong.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:09 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,619,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Instead of crying you should respect the fact that he was honest with you about the future. He didn't feel the same as you did. That doesnt make him wrong, it doesnt make you wrong.
Exactly. It's not an insult. It's just not a match.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships