Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 11:34 AM

519 posts, read 743,825 times

Advertisements

I don't think 36 miles is really long distance from CT to Brooklyn.. anyways it's a bit shaky with her feeling it's not going to work out because of the distance and the planning that we have to do because of the time it takes to arrive at each location.

2nd is she dropped me a few hints that I missed (I feel bad but I was playing it safe) of her wanting me to ask her out, which the most recent was Sunday when we were holding hands in the car together... so to make a long story short I told her the next day I had a question to ask her and she called me after she just woke up, took her awhile to wake up fully but I did and she joked saying she was already taken and I said who is this guy? And she said Mike (me) and I chuckled but she went on to say how that she always includes me in future stuff she talks about and so on, Now this morning she called me and went to talking and everything which is when she was not sure the LDR thing was going to work out. I told her that you know she told me and my mother as long as I try she will try in the relationship and she said I know I'm really trying but it's times when she just wants me to come see her it takes about an hour and 10 min to get to her or if she wants to come see me it's not like it's right away.

And then she was like she does not want to get hurt like in the past and I told her you can't bring things up from the past because that's then. And she said she knows. Then she does not like the fact that she maybe only able to see me for maybe 20 min instead of a few hours like she would want, and I said as long as I get to see you that's all that matters.

I told her I would pick her up from work today the drive does not matter at all to me might not get to see a movie tonight because she has to open in the morning but she is open for another time.

Now she called me again just before she was going to the gym and she make a commit about her chest, so I told her I picked up some non latex condoms because she told me awhile she was allergic to them, and she laughed and I asked why and shes like I did not expect that from you (she wanted me to be more aggressive) and she wants or still wants me to come with her to Miami and she kinda said hmmm when I said about Miami.

I don't know if it's still hope or she is still confused
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 11:58 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,103 times
She's trying to keep her cool by not jumping to conclusions, but at the same time, she's been badly burnt in the past with LDRs she's not sure she wants to commit to a relationship that could potentially hurt her again.

I say be very patient. LDRs are absolutely not easy, at all. Especially when you barely know each other, you're both complete strangers. She has no clue who you are or what you're about.

She's very conflicted, but does sound like she likes you enough to consider the possibility.

For LDRs, you need to create a strong sounding board: you need to be consistent and create a sense of safeness, honesty and trust.

The part where she mentions it's so easy for you to get a hold of her when you want to see her and not the other way around tells me she's mostly holding onto fear and trying to remain logical at the same time. Because it's true, why isn't it mutual? She's weighing out pros/cons seeing how serious and genuine you are to her.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:04 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,446 times
This is the person you declared love for after "french kissing" in Starbucks?

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...you-say-3.html

Old 05-08-2015, 12:10 PM

I know as soon as I said not to bring up something that happened in the past she was quick to say it was not that.. I know she has said a few times to me you are very patient with me, and I told her because I like you very much, she also told me that she is insecure. which I can understand but we and still are very open when discussing things in regards to relationship stuff and that was the turn on for me with her, for the most part she would call me during her break or in between clients.

Now all girls have girlfriends who they talk to and she told me her friend was a little concerned about me and I questioned her about the friend because she said if her friend says not to date this guy then she wont date him but she seems to be able to do some stuff without always listening to the friend.. but she also told me not to worry about her.

To be honest I don't call her as much as I should be as she calls me much more, but we also text as well, I told her a few times I'm very serious about the relationship as is she.

But yeah she said she did not want to set herself up to get hurt again and I told her many of times I would never do that to her, the last guy was a LDR and she did not know he was engaged.. matter of fact I think the last 4 guys shes dealt with they were all engaged.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
This is the person you declared love for after "french kissing" in Starbucks?

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...you-say-3.html
Yeah that was a slip but she told me that and the bridge she was waiting for me to ask her out plus the park.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:37 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,152,194 times
36 miles is not long distance.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:58 PM

Yeah I did not think so but she just sent me a text saying "hey you"

Old 05-08-2015, 03:00 PM

1,030 posts, read 4,276,881 times
Dude, you live in Greenwich...... Thats really close. Why cant you arrange to take the train down there or meet somewhere in the middle?

Gotta make plans!!! You snooze, you lose.

GO DOWN THERE TONIGHT, RIGHT NOW!!! lol

Old 05-08-2015, 03:04 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,679,699 times
As stated-36 miles is NOT long distance. Now...2,000 miles...IS ....long distance

Old 05-08-2015, 03:09 PM

I just asked if I could pick her up from her job and hang out but she said she can't because she has to open tomorrow but she said she said their are things we both should plan. My heart wants to still drive out to see her if not just to drive her home.

She told me she will let me know about tomorrow and hanging out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships