Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 03:21 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,159,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
Please quote where I said I expect everyone to change? The only person I have the power to change is myself. I have absolutely no desire to waste my life trying to change other people.

If someone is boring to me, I generally look for someone more interesting to talk to.

I apologize, wrong thread. I though I was still in the thread where the girl was complaining about "boring" guys and how "interesting" guys don't stick around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 06:15 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,684,356 times
Quote:
Please quote where I said I expect everyone to change? The only person I have the power to change is myself. I have absolutely no desire to waste my life trying to change other people.

If someone is boring to me, I generally look for someone more interesting to talk to.

I believe it is.

If she is by chance the boring one in the relationships, and she very well may be, then it's something she needs to evaluate and work on, as it is no one else's job to be her constant entertainment. No one can change her but her. On the same note, if every person she's dating is boring (unlikely) then she needs to seek out people she finds interesting because she will not be able to make them more interesting to her.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:00 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,719,651 times
I think what you really mean is, how can I get a man's attention?

Old 05-11-2015, 08:20 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,159,642 times
Quote:
I believe it is.

If she is by chance the boring one in the relationships, and she very well may be, then it's something she needs to evaluate and work on, as it is no one else's job to be her constant entertainment. No one can change her but her. On the same note, if every person she's dating is boring (unlikely) then she needs to seek out people she finds interesting because she will not be able to make them more interesting to her.
Agreed, on all points.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:54 PM

13,646 posts, read 9,704,293 times
7 pages into this thread, and nobody has yet mentioned that the OP's predicament exactly mirrors Groucho Marx's quip: "I refuse to join the sort of club that would accept me as a member".

If we're sufficiently interesting ourselves, then unless our partner is a total dullard or an obdurate fool, there ought to be sufficient liveliness and spontaneity for the couple.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:09 AM

11,788 posts, read 12,025,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
Just because the guys you met (that you say are attracted to you) look like all the rest (that you say you are not attracted to), doesn't mean they are boring or that they don't have potential. Ever heard of the saying, don't judge a book by it's cover?

The best part is finding out if they only like to work and play videos, watch TV is pretty easy to assess and you can rule those out quickly! Just stick around to see if the guys who DO have more interests might be of interest to you after you know them better.

If you are judging a man by his looks, or by preconceived ideas and believe that one man is like another, so why bother... and I am not saying you do. But it seems like you lump certain looks of concepts of what these men are like, those you separate into the "boring crowd" quickly. And if you do that, you are eliminating a great deal of men who may have had potential after getting to know them. I'm not talking about men you go out with a number of times and they aren't right. Great. You've found THAT MAN is not right.

Move on to the next candidate.
Definitely. And IMO, she's hung up more on persona than actual person.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:10 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,607,367 times
When it was time to pick a screen name, you chose 'desperation'. You're probably not the type of gal most guys are hoping to meet.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:41 PM

16 posts, read 11,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperation View Post
I don't know why, but the guys that I like, never like me back significantly (beyond a few dates).
Maybe you're bad in bed. I mean - no one likes to hear that, but it would kinda explain things.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:08 PM

108 posts, read 110,754 times
OP:

Don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you prefer bad boys and drama over a loyal, nice guy. If you continue down that path, you're headed for unhappiness. People are often less boring when you take more time getting to really know them, although I admit this is not always true. Also, I wouldn't friendzone guys, as that gives them a false impression that there may be hope for them in the future. Just be honest and tell them you aren't interested. Just my two cents.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:05 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperation View Post
So you're basically saying it is impossible for me to have a relationship with someone I'm actually attracted to? And who does more than work then come home and watch tv? That does not sound right.

If that really is the reality of dating (which I doubt), then I dunno if I want to date if it means getting stuck with a boring, unattractive person the rest of my life.

I do my best to stay attractive and do stuff. Why can't I be with someone likewise?
OP, why are you assuming that any guys except these extreme types you're into do nothing but work and come home to watch TV? Do you have any idea how many guys your age don't even own TV's? I guess you wouldn't know, because you write everyone off without getting to know them. You're wrong about your assumptions about people, and because of that, you're missing out on getting to know some very cool people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships