Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 08:58 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,820,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
More like 25-and up.

Here is the deal with women and birth.

1. You need to have at least one kid between 15 and 25. After that is gets easier to make them. That is what my doctor for my big sister said. Because of her age and the fact that she is healthy her body did not adapt to birth-giving.

sweet 16
spinster 25

You get it??? .

I suggest a new doctor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 09:06 AM

4,087 posts, read 2,537,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I suggest a new doctor.
.....and not for this poster's sister!

Old 11-28-2018, 10:29 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,435,801 times
Definitely not safe to assume they plan to head straight for adoption.

A lot of posters on this thread seem ignorant of the fact that the number of older mothers have been on the rise for some years. There is a higher chance of birth defects than for younger moms, but the truth is that the vast majority of babies born to older mothers will in fact be healthy and normal. Leave the fertility advice for the doctors who know what they're talking about.

Last edited by Debsi; 11-28-2018 at 10:51 AM..

Old 11-28-2018, 10:45 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,701,021 times
It’s not impossible. My husband’s niece just gave birth to a nice healthy baby at age 37, she will turn 38 soon. He husband is in the same age or a bit older.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:41 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,103,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Definitely not safe to assume they plan to head straight for adoption.

A lot of posters on this thread seem ignorant of the fact that the number of older mothers have been on the rise for some years. There is a higher chance of birth defects than for younger moms, but the truth is that the vast majority of babies born to older mothers will in fact be healthy and normal. Leave the fertility advice for the doctors who know what they're talking about.

I had my kiddo at 42. He's a healthy and thriving young teen now.

I am also a single parent, with the benefit of now being well established enough in my career that I earn enough to comfortably support us while working what is practically a part time schedule in my profession, with lots of freedom to come and go as needed for him and (sandwich generation here) my elderly widowed mother. That would not have been the case if I had become a mom in my 20s or even 30s.

Old 12-03-2018, 08:20 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,021,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
The OP may be asking about this in order to determine if the woman is someone he wants to date. In other words, this post MAY be more about whether a man wishes to start a family at an older age than about the woman conceiving naturally at an older age. A man who is in low 40's or even older may not wish to start a family at an older age. For example, if the woman is 39 and he's 45 when he meets her, it'll be a few years of dating before they get married, she would have the baby in low 40's and he'll be in his 50's by the time they have the baby. A man might not care to have babies and young children in his 50's. I know a couple that this happened to. They got married later in life. The husband expected to live the DINKS lifestyle, travel and enjoy romantic dinners and whatnot but...guess what? That isn't happening. Kids are a major financial decision. Be very careful having children just for the sake of having children. At an older age you need to think about the long term ramifications of raising children at an older age. Supporting them when you may be getting phased out of your current job. Taking on more debt when you need to think about retirement. Running around to baseball games on weekends when you'd rather be driving up to the quaint B&B along the river and hiking. Think carefully.
Yep, time to get the big "V" (snip) done. Otherwise, you'll have what is known as a mid-life crisis baby. lol

Old 12-09-2018, 03:09 AM

230 posts, read 114,325 times
I'm sorry, but to all those who are trying to have babies at 40 or older, it just seems selfish to me. Like trying to achieve a social fantasy. I hope you are at least well off if you are doing this and you just dumped someone you claimed to care about just to realize some social fantasy. If I loved a man and knew he didn't want kids from the start, I wouldn't just suddenly throw him away at 40 because I wanted to fulfill some social objective. That is just I hope you are well off. Because get real. Do you all now realize you will be paying for this child's medical expenses, education, food, ect for 18-20 years. You will probably be working until you are at least 80 and unable to retire or end up in some horrid nursing home(unable to afford a good one)now because you are so sick from working until you can't. Or now you better hope your kid doesn't go to college and gets a good paying job so they can move you in otherwise you'll be homeless. That's just a sad way to live. I hope you are prepared for that kind of life of having to work your butt off until you're 80 unless your planning to pop out a kid because society told you and then ignore it for life.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:13 AM

328 posts, read 571,557 times
Let these women live! If you don't like women who are 36+ and want kids, don't date them. It's ridiculous to have a multi page thread dissecting their motivations and desires. Let them be! Find someone who fits what you want and keep it moving. No one is judging OP for his desires, let's not judge those women for their desires.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
It’s not impossible. My husband’s niece just gave birth to a nice healthy baby at age 37, she will turn 38 soon. He husband is in the same age or a bit older.
And they are happy... THE END!

Old 12-09-2018, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneMeyer View Post
I'm sorry, but to all those who are trying to have babies at 40 or older, it just seems selfish to me. Like trying to achieve a social fantasy. I hope you are at least well off if you are doing this and you just dumped someone you claimed to care about just to realize some social fantasy. If I loved a man and knew he didn't want kids from the start, I wouldn't just suddenly throw him away at 40 because I wanted to fulfill some social objective. That is just I hope you are well off. Because get real. Do you all now realize you will be paying for this child's medical expenses, education, food, ect for 18-20 years. You will probably be working until you are at least 80 and unable to retire or end up in some horrid nursing home(unable to afford a good one)now because you are so sick from working until you can't. Or now you better hope your kid doesn't go to college and gets a good paying job so they can move you in otherwise you'll be homeless. That's just a sad way to live. I hope you are prepared for that kind of life of having to work your butt off until you're 80 unless your planning to pop out a kid because society told you and then ignore it for life.
If that's what will make them happy, and they stay active well into their 80s, happy for them. My friend's parents had her in their early 40s. She is now 38 and they are in their 82 & 83. I doubt she begrudges them for having her "late" (before it was common). She is happy to be alive, successfully, married, and happy.

You can plan life out all you want, there are no guarantees. A tragic accident could make a young 20 something mother end up in just as bad a situation as an older 30 something mother.

And why is no one talking about those dudes.. John Stamos and the Rock... having kids well into their 40s and 50s. There are plenty of Regular Joe's that do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships