Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 06:48 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times

Advertisements

I did not plan on coming to this forum at all. I was researching Charlotte North carolina and its schools, and a thread from that forum came up as one of the listings of my search.

It looked to be one of the better options, so I clicked on it. That will have been a year ago next month.

Things have changed, I did not move... there...

I stayed in that forum forever, and had no clue of the other forums until a thread got moved, and OMG.. a whole new world opened before my eyes. OTHER TOPICS!

I made my first thread in relationships in July. CD is on my toolbar... it is true. I do not check e mail first, I come here...

Have things changed and is it healthy?

Well, they certainly have changed, and I think that people interact in RL society and in this CD society the way they were probably brought up to behave, or not behave.

I think it is the indiviual who does not know how to behave/ accept society as a whole. Not society as a whole.

Just like anything else, I can not judge a person, nor a society. Just give my opinion.

My opinion is that yes, there are unhealthy people as well as healthy here, but again, depends on the indivual, and believe me, I have come across all kinds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 03:11 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,891,134 times
I was researching another state I was thinking about moving to (and still am). I came upon City-Data and was hooked. I've been here a little over a year.

There are good and bad people here, just as there is in real life. I'm impressed and awed at a lot of the articulate people here. They know how to have a constructive discussion when disagreeing with others. Then there are some people here I wouldn't have a discussion with if you paid me. Those threads astonish and infuriate me.

I think the State forums are quite helpful, except some of them where posters are so gloom and doomy about a particular town or city that it begins to be kind of ridiculous.

I'm glad to be here. I'm hooked on this place.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:25 PM

320 posts, read 954,528 times
i am on here because it passes my time by at work and my boss doesn't mind at all....he will occasionally read some of the threads himself teachnology expanded..things are differnt now....communicating with others is so much easier ....and plus you get to hear other peoples input on things that can really help you out

Old 01-20-2008, 07:26 PM

1,667 posts, read 9,379,501 times
I read the forum for a long time, until I saw a post I had to reply to. As it turns out, it's my best place to find critical thought on many current events, humor, news... And, sometimes I have an idea that might help.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:39 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,708,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girleylips View Post
i am on here because it passes my time by at work and my boss doesn't mind at all....he will occasionally read some of the threads himself teachnology expanded..things are differnt now....communicating with others is so much easier ....and plus you get to hear other peoples input on things that can really help you out
your boss sounds like a cool dude. What do you do?

Old 01-22-2008, 11:30 AM

320 posts, read 954,528 times
Default woo hoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewego View Post
your boss sounds like a cool dude. What do you do?
I am currently working as a receptionist at a really really nice dealership...i love my job....i sit here and assist clients whenever they are in here and help input info for the salespeople. Most of the time i am reading or online.
Its a 12 hours shift ....I probably actually do work work maybe two hours of the day. The rest i have to entertain myself. But i will miss it when i finish school

I will let you know if there are any job openings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships