Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 03:03 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times

Advertisements

Do you always over-think things to this extreme?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 03:06 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
No we did not. We don't usually set up another date right on the spot, the only exception was Friday night.

But as I was leaving, he said it was good to see me, even without the sex (or something like that), and told me to text him when I got him which I did. And later that day he texted me to see how my day with my mom was going.

Also I guess this is worth mentioning, the Saturday night date was at his house after the Communion I had to go to, since it was 5 minutes away from him. When I got to his house there was heavy fog, so I had a little trouble finding the house but was able to because I saw his car in the driveway, however there were no spots on the street so I parked around the corner. When he opened the door he said "where'd you park" i told him around the corner, and he said "no, no i moved my car up the driveway especially so you can park here" so I said it was no big deal and not to worry I parked 2 minutes away, his answer was "well ok whatever you feel more comfortable with" but there was like an air of irritation in his voice, like as though he was suspicious as to why I wouldn't park in his driveway.

Secondly Sunday early morning, he was fast asleep, and I needed to leave so I quietly got started to get dressed, so as to not wake him up until the last minute to let me out. Anyway I guess I wasn't quiet enough and he woke up, and asked me what I was doing, I said I had to go home, he said "no please don't, please stay it's too early" so I said ok, I'll stay a bit longer and then he went on to say "so I don't get it, were you just gonna sneak out and not even wake me up"???? I told him of course not, but he didn't sound convinced. So those two parts were a bit awkward.
I think you're reading into things too much. I've done the same thing analyzing every little thing a guy did or said trying to figure him out, but it's just a waste of time. The only way to know for sure is to ask. Obviously you don't want to go into the first date asking where things are going and what his intentions are, but you guys have spent the night together at this point. I would want to know if he was seeing anyone else at the very least. I think calling him to talk is a great idea.

I've been pretty vocal about letting the guy take the lead and I still think that to a degree, but I learned a big lesson in my current relationship about what happens when you're not up front with your feelings. You make yourself miserable analyzing and wondering what the deal is. I was really afraid to broach any talk of the future with my current guy because I wanted him to take the lead and I was afraid of rejection, but when I finally took the lead in our relationship and asked him how he felt about us, turns out he felt the same way as I did, but was also afraid. So there we were both afraid of being honest when it turned out we were on the same page. And if we hadn't been at least then I would have known.

Just ask him. You will feel so much better.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:24 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,830,784 times
Quote:
Yes I will be honest, Saturday morning I felt a pang of regret, and was a bit ashamed. I mean it was nothing he did, he didn't make me feel cheap or anything, and the sex was great, but this is the second time I've had sex too soon, and have regretted it. So even if I do see him again, I'm in a tough spot, if I tell him I want to hold off on sex for a bit, he'll think it's because it I didn't like it with him, or that I'm not that into him. On the other hand I don't want to keep sleeping with him and regretting it.
Nah, it's not such a tough spot. I've been there too, I think most of us have. Just tell him the truth, which is that you found him irresistible and got carried away in the moment, but you need to slow the train down. Explain that you need to be in an monogamous relationship. Men understand that, trust me. If he doesn't, then you don't want him anyway.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:34 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
Because I've really never actually gotten passed a second date in the OLD world, so I really don't know what the norm is.
My apologizes for sounding naive but what does "OLD" world mean?

I keep seeing this being posted throughout this thread and Google did not help. Is it a dating site?

How long has his been divorced and on the market?

Old 05-12-2015, 03:36 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post

I keep seeing this being posted throughout this thread and Google did not help. Is it a dating site?
OLD = OnLine Dating.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:38 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
OLD = online dating and is usually followed by "site."

Old 05-12-2015, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OLD = OnLine Dating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
OLD = online dating and is usually followed by "site."
Thank you both

Old 05-12-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Yes I will be honest, Saturday morning I felt a pang of regret, and was a bit ashamed. I mean it was nothing he did, he didn't make me feel cheap or anything, and the sex was great, but this is the second time I've had sex too soon, and have regretted it. So even if I do see him again, I'm in a tough spot, if I tell him I want to hold off on sex for a bit, he'll think it's because it I didn't like it with him, or that I'm not that into him. On the other hand I don't want to keep sleeping with him and regretting it.
I am exhausted with trying to understand why you don't have an open and honest communication with him with all of your speculations?

You are not teens and it is not only normal but essential to have open and honest communication with anyone you are romantically linked to especially if you are sleeping with them.

I can't image it any other way.

You remind me of how my mom's mind works...she will sit around for days speculating about what a person thinks, thought or thinks she knows what they are thinking vs. simply asking the person. It drive me nuts! Why sit around wasting so much time and energy on speculation? You would have nipped all of this speculation and wasting energy in the bud days ago had you simply engaged in an open and honest conversation with him. Surly you should be able to do this with a mature man that you have slept with?

Old 05-12-2015, 03:53 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Don't assume he'll think you didn't like the sex. He won't think that. It's not unusual for women to say, "Hey, I feel like we're moving too fast. This may seem weird, but I'd like to dial it back a little." If he likes you, that'll be ok. If he's not in it for a potential LTR, you'll lose him, and it won't be a great loss. Right?

Old 05-13-2015, 06:23 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
Quote:
Yea if I do see him again, I will have to mention something about not seeing other people, thanks!
After 4 dates, you are going to ask him about being exclusive? Do you seriously want to run him off?

You're dating. He's dating. Thats what dating is about, meeting people, having fun. Sometimes it turns into a committed relationship, most of the time it doesnt, its just a fun time.

If you get this obsessive when you sleep with people, you'd better stop sleeping with people so quickly. To most men, its just a date. Im sure this guy enjoyed his time with you, but it doesnt mean he's not going to stop looking and dating other people.

You need to really stop obsessing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships