Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 07:39 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,806,955 times

Advertisements

So I've been seeing a guy for about two weeks, we've had four dates and I met him off a dating site. We went out Friday night, and Saturday night as well. On Saturday night I spent the night and we had sex for the first time. Yesterday late afternoon he texted me to see how my day was going, we went back and forth a bit, and then today I texted him and same thing (which is the usual for us).

Anyway here's the issue: ever since he's met me he only logs on to the dating site once every 3-5 days which doesn't really bother me, since looks like he's not really actively looking for someone else. However today I noticed he logged in the afternoon and then again in the early evening and stayed on for about an hour. This was a red flag for me since I know he's never done this since meeting me, what was also suspicious was that he has his kids today so I don't understand how in the world he would have time to sit on a dating site for an hour at 7pm while watching a 9 and 11 year old.

I'm just freaking out a bit cause it's like I slept with him and now he's looking for someone else???

At the risk of sounding naive I just felt like he was so into me and I felt the same about him, I just really didn't expect this from him. He seemed so honest and forthcoming, telling me how he'd only date one girl at a time because it would get too confusing dating multiple girls and he just doesn't habd the head for it and all that.

I'm just a bit confused now and don't really know how to proceed? Or am I making a big deal out of nothing?

Just an FYI I have not logged under my name n about 5 days, I have defunct account that I log under to check to see how often my dates log on (I'm sure lots of people do this)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 07:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
A 9 and 11 year old can do things on their own.He might be talking to another woman.

Or he may not.

Just let him come to you. (I know its hard)

Unfortunately men are fickle just like women.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:48 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
So I've been seeing a guy for about two weeks, we've had four dates and I met him off a dating site. We went out Friday night, and Saturday night as well. On Saturday night I spent the night and we had sex for the first time. Yesterday late afternoon he texted me to see how my day was going, we went back and forth a bit, and then today I texted him and same thing (which is the usual for us).

Anyway here's the issue: ever since he's met me he only logs on to the dating site once every 3-5 days which doesn't really bother me, since looks like he's not really actively looking for someone else. However today I noticed he logged in the afternoon and then again in the early evening and stayed on for about an hour. This was a red flag for me since I know he's never done this since meeting me, what was also suspicious was that he has his kids today so I don't understand how in the world he would have time to sit on a dating site for an hour at 7pm while watching a 9 and 11 year old.
TV, the electronic baby-sitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182;
I'm just freaking out a bit cause it's like I slept with him and now he's looking for someone else???

At the risk of sounding naive I just felt like he was so into me and I felt the same about him, I just really didn't expect this from him. He seemed so honest and forthcoming, telling me how he'd only date one girl at a time because it would get too confusing dating multiple girls and he just doesn't habd the head for it and all that.

I'm just a bit confused now and don't really know how to proceed? Or am I making a big deal out of nothing?

Just an FYI I have not logged under my name n about 5 days, I have defunct account that I log under to check to see how often my dates log on (I'm sure lots of people do this)
How did you have a chance to notice his logging-on times today?

You're not exclusive yet, are you? Or did you take his "I only date one woman at a time" statement to mean you're exclusive? Looking online for someone doesn't mean he's dating anyone else.

Sounds like you need to talk to him. It looks like maybe he's looking for a new "conquest", now that he has you crossed off his list, or notched onto his belt. I agree with Raena, now that I think about it. Wait until he calls you. If he doesn't call, you know he wasn't worth your time.

I've heard a lot of stories like that, about OLD, including re: the paid sites.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 05-11-2015 at 07:58 PM..

491 posts, read 402,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post

How can you be certain that he doesn't log on for that very same reason?

22,556 posts, read 47,605,466 times
Four dates does not make you exclusive.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:49 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,101,719 times
If you haven't discussed being exclusive, he won't be. Of course, discussing it doesn't keep a person from wandering anyway.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:50 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Four dates does not make you exclusive.
Nope it doesn't.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
A 9 and 11 year old can do things on their own.He might be talking to another woman.

Or he may not.

Just let him come to you. (I know its hard)

Unfortunately men are fickle just like women.
I know I just feel like such a fool, Friday night he was sitting across from me at dinner telling me how he dates one woman at a time. I mean I can understand if the sex was no good, but believe me he was very pleased!

I feel like I was played for a fool, he had me believing he was this genuine nice guy, so if he is talking to another women right after he slept with me that's just not cool.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetelle View Post
How can you be certain that he doesn't log on for that very same reason?
And stay on for an hour?

Old 05-11-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
TV, the electronic baby-sitter.
How did you have a chance to notice his logging-on times today?

You're not exclusive yet, are you? Or did you take his "I only date one woman at a time" statement to mean you're exclusive? Looking online for someone doesn't mean he's dating anyone else.

Maybe.
No we haven't flat out said we're exclusive and yes I did think that statement he made meant at least for the time being he wasn't looking for anybody else
I think it's just hard for me to take in, in my 33 years I've never felt used or lied to for sex until now. I guess first time for everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships