Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 11:56 AM

179 posts, read 295,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Howdy View Post
When you go out does he pay, you pay, split the bill?
We alternate. He has paid for bigger bills, though there were only a couple, like a weekend when we went on an overnight trip and he paid for the hotel room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 04:00 PM

179 posts, read 295,478 times
All right, the general consensus seems to be that it's too soon to tell him at this stage of the relationship. Thanks for the input, happy I asked.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:11 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl10000 View Post
My boyfriend and I have been going out since late last year, but we didn't really start dating until January of this year, and we only became officially boyfriend and girlfriend last month. The thing is, I am struggling financially. I have a full-time job and a part-time one, but I am heavily in debt. With a poor credit score. He, on the other hand, has his **** together and has a great credit score. I am NOT planning to ask for help. Hell, no! That is not the intent of my disclosure. But two people are in a relationship to see if there's any future, and I'm beginning to think that it would only be fair to him to know what my financial state is. So he can decide at this point if he wants to continue this, or if it's a red flag for him and he should pursue somebody else.

Is it too soon? Or is it only fair that I disclose it this early? We haven't had real talks about the future yet, being that we've only been official for a month, but he has mentioned just in passing that we may have to talk about marriage someday, but not yet.

I'm afraid to lose him. �� But I can't be selfish either. He's a great guy who deserves the best.
He has mentioned just in passing about the prospects of marriage, does not equate to your having to feel guilty about not disclosing your financial situation.

It's not like you are mooching off of the system and don't hold a job, and aren't proactively looking for ways out of your own debt.

That is your own personal business for now, because you are only dating and not engaged to be married.

When the time comes, I would disclose with him later on. For now, you still have time to fix your credit score. You still have time to do what you need to do to get back on your own two feet to be that independent woman who can meet him at an equal level. You clearly have your act together. Don't make yourself feel bad. You learned, and you're striving to grow and improve. No rush.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:13 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,612,989 times
Two words for the OP... DAVE RAMSEY...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships