Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2015, 10:28 AM

270 posts, read 283,200 times

Advertisements

What's up with (wo)men who do not want to be on their own, meaning not paired up with a member of the opposite sex, but don't want to embrace in a relationship, either? It almost seems like an oxymoron to me. Why not just be on your own for a while, if you enjoy your freedom and independence, instead of putting this imaginary force field around you when dating someone? In this case, to me it seems like dating = FWB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 11:26 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
I've run into this a fair amount.

The answer I think is there are times they want someone around, but lots of times they don't. And sex with a good/trusted partner is also needed.

Old 05-16-2015, 11:53 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,993,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I've run into this a fair amount.

The answer I think is there are times they want someone around, but lots of times they don't. And sex with a good/trusted partner is also needed.
I think this is some of it. I have a friend who also just loves the attention. She always finds a boyfriend she can keep at arm's length and then has several men on the side that she flirts with daily. She thrives on the attention but doesn't want to give a lot in return for it.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:07 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,389,568 times
I don't see the big deal - aren't there lots of guy who want a woman to be handy, convenient and then kinda make themselves scarce? As long as you can both agree on the specifics, what's the difference? It may not work for you, so you find someone who suits YOU rather than moaning about the women who don't....there's a lid for every pot.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:25 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,418,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibuddy3 View Post
What's up with (wo)men who do not want to be on their own, meaning not paired up with a member of the opposite sex, but don't want to embrace in a relationship, either? It almost seems like an oxymoron to me. Why not just be on your own for a while, if you enjoy your freedom and independence, instead of putting this imaginary force field around you when dating someone? In this case, to me it seems like dating = FWB.
I think most people are scared of the fact that when they are involved with someone in a relationship, they start losing their sense of self, and relationships require a lot of energy. Sometimes you want your freedom to do whatever you want, and relationships don't work that way. Relationships require two people in your decision making process, that's if you're emotionally committed.

Compatibility is so important, because certain freedoms aren't lost in the process when two people are exactly on the same page.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:26 PM

609 posts, read 615,921 times
This isn't unique to women. And if they don't want a relationship with you, it just means they aren't crazy about you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships