Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 09:41 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
You are being completely used by this chick. Are you that desperate that you let this woman use you like this. She must laugh at you every day. She obviously has no respect for you.
I have to agree to this.

Sit her down and talk to her. She needs to do the chores. Since you seem to pay for EVERYTHING (did I understand that correctly?), I would suggest she does ALL THE CHORES because she doesn't contribute to ANYTHING. Cook, clean, wash, get groceries.

Her JOB right now is to keep your back free so YOU can PROVIDE for HER by fully concentrating on your career.

If she doesn't do that, you are better off (AND CHEAPER) with kicking her out and pay for a cleaning lady.

You allowed way too long to let this happen to you, it is tough now to give her a reality check. But you have to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 11:04 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decorayah View Post
My girlfriend has an expensive private university but very rarely goes to it and often ignores it(while I pay for it) and when asked to do some house chores I have no time for (because of working or studying) she refuses and just lays on the sofa or bed all day chatting on facebook or other social networks and going out daily to hang out with someone. On top of all that she tends to be quite chaotic and our home is often filled with clothes everywhere, tons of unwashed dishes and very dirty surroundings.
1. Stop paying for her education. That is her responsibility if her parents can't or won't pay for it. You are wasting your money. She is not your wife.

2. Tell her that if she does not start pulling her weight in the relationship both financially and around the house that you will be leaving. Then do it.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:09 AM

36,511 posts, read 30,847,571 times
[QUOTE]When I ask her to do any chore in the house (clean, wash clothes, do the
dishes, cook something) even very rarely she always refuses and acts offended. I
am all for her using her time to study or work but she does not do any of that
and just chats all day on facebook.

My problem is that she does not want to work or study and just chats or goes out
with friends all day. If she spends her time only that way is it wrong of me to
ask her to atleast do some house chores? If I am right then how do I ask her? I
have tried both being nice and understanding and being more direct and
commanding - she just ignores me. If she just keeps saying "no" there is no way
I can really force her... so what do I do? How do I convice her she is not doing
right by me?[/quote]

Well if the grandkids don't do their chores, I being the income earner control the phone (no chatting), the internet (no Facebook) and the running around (no transportation). If they skip school or don't keep up grades I take away privileges. Not that I believe this story but if she is going to act like a child, treat her as one.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:17 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decorayah View Post
After having a 1 year long relationship with my grielfriend we dicided to move in a place of our own and live together. I said that in order to do that atleast one of us will have to work so we can live without depending on our parents for everything. After 2 years I made a successfull leap in my profession and not only did we get independant but actually live in a pretty good financial situation. In order to achieve this however I have to work a full work day. Along with having my job I also go to university (barely managing it) and occasionally take on additional projects for extra cash. My girlfriend has an expensive private university but very rarely goes to it and often ignores it(while I pay for it) and when asked to do some house chores I have no time for (because of working or studying) she refuses and just lays on the sofa or bed all day chatting on facebook or other social networks and going out daily to hang out with someone. On top of all that she tends to be quite chaotic and our home is often filled with clothes everywhere, tons of unwashed dishes and very dirty surroundings.
First time poster, what profession is this again that allows you to make enough $$ at 22 (without a degree) that enables you to live independently and pay for two tuitions, one of them "expensive"?

Old 05-13-2015, 11:35 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
First time poster, what profession is this again that allows you to make enough $$ at 22 (without a degree) that enables you to live independently and pay for two tuitions, one of them "expensive"?
Drug dealing. Girlfriend is probably using and depleting his profit margins.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:47 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
He could be dealing drugs/illegal arms/sexual tricks in a 3rd world country (where cost of tuition for a degree is equivalent to one paycheck at min-wage in America) where housing is dirt cheap and so is the food.

I'm thinking, Somalia?

Old 05-13-2015, 11:49 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,446 times
Oh, you actually think this is real?

Old 05-13-2015, 11:54 AM

50,366 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I cannot agree more with the other posters. She is not a keeper, so invite her to go mooch off someone else. Either get a roommate who is tidy, or use the money you save from supporting the deadbeat girlfriend to hire a cleaning lady.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:16 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Oh, you actually think this is real?
You know thats irrelevant. We folks here just love speaking our warped minds -whether its fictional or not, Lol

Old 05-13-2015, 12:20 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
He could be dealing drugs/illegal arms/sexual tricks in a 3rd world country (where cost of tuition for a degree is equivalent to one paycheck at min-wage in America) where housing is dirt cheap and so is the food.

I'm thinking, Somalia?
OP, pimp her out and send her to "work" so you can stay home for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships