Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 07:08 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times

Advertisements

I have no problem with stripping....you gotta do what you gotta do. But I wouldn't try to date a male stripper.

The fact you see yourself and him as numbers...speaks volumes about your maturity level. You seem quite insecure at the fact that he gets a lot of attention from females and don't feel worthy of his attention. If you were to be with him...9 times out of 10 you would constantly be worried about whether he is messing around with his clients, as well questioning why he is with you to begin with.

My advice...don't pursue. Stop thinking of yourself as "less than" and then try to find someone that you can TRUST.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 07:09 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
Cut him out of your life, find a nice stable boy who has a daytime job doing something more meaningful with his life.

Why? She's getting good sex. Nothing wrong with that as long as she uses the proper protection.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:12 PM

35 posts, read 35,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I have no problem with stripping....you gotta do what you gotta do. But I wouldn't try to date a male stripper.

The fact you see yourself and him as numbers...speaks volumes about your maturity level. You seem quite insecure at the fact that he gets a lot of attention from females and don't feel worthy of his attention. If you were to be with him...9 times out of 10 you would constantly be worried about whether he is messing around with his clients, as well questioning why he is with you to begin with.

My advice...don't pursue. Stop thinking of yourself as "less than" and then try to find someone that you can TRUST.
You are right about a lot here. I would question why he is with me, for example.

Gave me something to think about.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:13 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatalion View Post
Nothing. That is part of the problem. I want him to want me for an exclusive relationship. Even though he seems noncommittal in general.
Well, what do you have to offer that he needs or that he's not getting? You can't make him do anything he doesn't want to do.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:14 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
You are right about a lot here. I would question why he is with me, for example.

Gave me something to think about.
Because you're putting out without much effort; you're easy.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:15 PM

733 posts, read 1,663,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Why? She's getting good sex. Nothing wrong with that as long as she uses the proper protection.
Good sex? Yay. Dating a stripper? Yikes.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Well, what do you have to offer that he needs or that he's not getting? You can't make him do anything he doesn't want to do.
Hmm...that is a good point as well. What do guys need? Lol I know that sounds like a really general question, but what do they need...do they need someone who is entertaining to them? Someone intellectually stimulating? Someone they can trust with their secrets and feelings?

Old 05-13-2015, 07:16 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,967 times
Quote:
You make it so negative...sex is a mutually pleasurable activity. You can only be "used" if you allow it to play out that way.
Yeah. But thing is, you sell yourself short if you want more than the casual agreement but keep doing it just because it's better than nothing.

But you shouldn't feel "honored" to have sex. Many guys will sleep with a woman. Doesn't mean he likes her as more than a sex buddy, and doesn't even have to mean he thinks she's attractive.

You can tell him your feelings, and if he's interested in that, great. If not, you either settle for keeping it casual, or break if off. Usually when girls develop feelings for a guy, it only gets worse the more you sleep with him, the more attached you get and more bitter, pissed off and sad that he won't be official or exclusive with you.

A girl I know had this problem. Her guy wasn't a stripper. But he had other women who liked him. He actually had a girlfriend, but took on a side-piece later. His side chick wanted him to leave his girlfriend and date her monogamously. That didn't happen, and she spent 2 years pining for this guy, wanting to be his girlfriend, and trying to be slick with telling him to only be sexual with her after his girlfriend dumped him. Then she finds not only does he make little time for her, even without a girlfriend, he met a new girl that he'd actually been spending more time with. She was nowhere near content by the time she finally had the jewels to leave.

Usually with younger girls, this happens. They start casual arrangements, then end up attached and wanting more. And in all the cases I have seen, it never turned into more. Only drama before the guy dumped the girl, or she had to be the one to walk away.

And he's still a stripper. So he will be in contact with other women for his job. Don't think he'll quit his job for you, if you won't be happy with that. Usually with guys that have a good number of women, you are always going to worry if he's messing around. So in many cases, if you want a man that has tons of women, and likes the attention, you normally have to get used to sharing them. That's what the girl I mentioned had to do if she wanted to be with him. She couldn't accept that, and finally left.

And if this guy used to do 3sums with a woman, he seems to show he is not monogamous, and wouldn't be happy with just 1 partner and nobody else.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:18 PM

378 posts, read 441,552 times
Default Re: "7 on the looks scale"

Quote:
Hi.

My problem is simple.

I am about a 7 on the looks scale, honestly. I am 21 years of age.

But the guy I am now shooting for is at LEAST an 8 to me, if not a 9. To complicate it further, he is a male stripper who gets a LOT of female attention. I mean his clients adore him, as far as I can tell. I definitely adore him.

He's not a douchebag either. He is the sweetest stripper EVER. He's always happy and nice and crap.

And unlike most guys, he is pretty positive and nonjudgmental about sex.

I feel honored to be having a casual sexual relationship with this man. But, like a greedy pig, I want more.

Since he is out of my league AND has plenty of other options...how do I get him to choose ME as a real girlfriend?
What about your body?

Old 05-13-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Because you're putting out without much effort; you're easy.
You missed the part where I said he isn't judgmental about sex, unlike most men. Such as yourself.

This is a guy who dated a girl who used to do MMF threesomes with him. I doubt he has your reservations about his girl's "easiness".

That is part of what makes him such a gem to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships