Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 01:46 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times

Advertisements

OMG you guys are crazy.

What could happen?

Her apartment coincidentally gets robbed and she sends the cops to his place?
Him getting shot once he opens the door with the key?

What is wrong with you people?

Y'all gonna end up lonely and alone and old if you see too many red flags on every action somebody does.

"she blinked, does she mean something by it?" Seriously, dudes, get a grip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 01:53 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,120,439 times
Sounds like you have sex on tap.

Congrats!

Old 05-14-2015, 02:01 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,448,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
OMG you guys are crazy.

What could happen?

Her apartment coincidentally gets robbed and she sends the cops to his place?
Him getting shot once he opens the door with the key?

What is wrong with you people?

Y'all gonna end up lonely and alone and old if you see too many red flags on every action somebody does.

"she blinked, does she mean something by it?" Seriously, dudes, get a grip
It's not a matter of safety for me.
It's a matter of someone opening themselves fully to someone they have barley gotten to know.

Casual sex is one thing, but opening your door to someone you have know for 4-5 weeks and telling them they have free reign to do as they please is not good judgment.

It up to the OP to decide if someone who makes those types of judgment calls are a good or bad thing, but seeing how he made a thread to ask what it all means as well as citing "unusual" questioning from her, I would imagine ithe whole situation is already making him uneasy about her as a person.

Old 05-14-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
It's not a matter of safety for me.
It's a matter of someone opening themselves fully to someone they have barley gotten to know.

It up to the OP to decide if that is a good or bad thing, but seeing how he made a thread to ask what it all means as well as citing "unusual" questioning from her, I would imagine ithe whole situation is already making him uneasy about her as a person.
Then he shouldn't have taken the key!

Maybe she thinks he is a super trustworthy person because he seems very sincere. Maybe he visits her late at night or leaves early mornings and she doesn't always want to get up to let him in/out.

My bf gave me a key after a few weeks also and I didn't take it. I waited 3 months and was standing in front of locked doors several times, getting a raised eyebrow because I still didn't want to take the key.
But I would never make a huge issue out of a freakin key. Take it or don't take it but if this is already overwhelming you, how are you going to master real issues in life?

Old 05-14-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasn88cubs View Post
have known her for a month. shes made it clear shes not wanting a relationship. we just hang out have sex and ill stay over/ ive stayed over multiple times and i stayed all last weekend. sunday she gave me a key and said i could come over anytime

she also asked if i thought she was a **** and said shes not sleeping with anyone else

im confused by all this especially the key since we arent dating

what do you think of this?
You sort of have a relationship if you stay there all weekend. It isn't just sex. You spend quality time together and enjoy each others company with or without sex.

And if you stay there all weekend, you probably go in and out of ther place and she is tired of always letting you in and out.

Old 05-14-2015, 02:09 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,448,003 times
Quote:

Maybe she thinks he is a super trustworthy person because he seems very sincere. Maybe he visits her late at night or leaves early mornings and she doesn't always want to get up to let him in/out.

My bf gave me a key after a few weeks also and I didn't take it. I waited 3 months and was standing in front of locked doors several times, getting a raised eyebrow because I still didn't want to take the key.
But I would never make a huge issue out of a freakin key. Take it or don't take it but if this is already overwhelming you, how are you going to master real issues in life?
I agree, which is why my first post started with "why on earth would you have taken the key in the first place"

Only the OP knows the answer. It was probably all in hindsight when he started to question the actions. Emotions and the moment probably swallowed any clear thinking at the time.

Old 05-14-2015, 02:12 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^

Yet you are harping on someone else about taking a key or not?

Some people need to think logically with their brain not emotionally with their bodies.
It is not safe to take a key from someone you barely know and only have sex with most of the time.
I have never given out a key or taken a key from someone who I was not in a relationship with and that relationship was Married to them. Otherwise no keys to anyone, no reason for them to be there when I am not, no reason to not get up and let them in when I know they are going to be there.

Old 05-14-2015, 02:21 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,091,872 times
I'm going to give her the benefit of doubt and not assume she is pyscho, mentally ill, or whatever...

Just simply tell her that you are uncomfortable and return them. Maybe after a few more months of getting to know her you can revisit the option.

Old 05-14-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^

Yet you are harping on someone else about taking a key or not?

Some people need to think logically with their brain not emotionally with their bodies.
It is not safe to take a key from someone you barely know and only have sex with most of the time.
I have never given out a key or taken a key from someone who I was not in a relationship with and that relationship was Married to them. Otherwise no keys to anyone, no reason for them to be there when I am not, no reason to not get up and let them in when I know they are going to be there.
Huh???

I didn't take the key and we WERE in a relationship, saw each other every day from the day we met. And I didn't make a HUGE issue or a thread out of it. I just didn't take the key and I didn't question him or think he is a bad person because he offers me the key.

Old 05-14-2015, 02:36 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,549,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasn88cubs View Post
have known her for a month. shes made it clear shes not wanting a relationship. we just hang out have sex and ill stay over/ ive stayed over multiple times and i stayed all last weekend. sunday she gave me a key and said i could come over anytime

she also asked if i thought she was a **** and said shes not sleeping with anyone else

im confused by all this especially the key since we arent dating

what do you think of this?
That she is fairly lax about personal safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships