Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2015, 01:10 PM

105 posts, read 67,083 times

Advertisements

I know when we are friends on Facebook he does watch and read my wall he told me that himself and yes I think that sometimes he maybe does get jealous. At times he would do certain things to try and get my attention. Whenever I started to wander off engaging with some other guy. I don't get why everyone is ignoring the fact that I have said several times I was the one who started all of this. Had I never mentioned sex to him he never would have said anything about only wanting me for sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Hmm.. so you played with his jealousy and now it backfired.. and you're hoping to rebuild his trust again.

Still too convenient for him, and you guys aren't exclusive after 8 months of back and forth.

You can hang in there. Anything is possible. You're feeling as though he's scared and intimidated bc of the male attention you get. Lay low for now. You can't make someone feel something. He can't be that fickle, after 8 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 01:14 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,387,776 times
You need to be real with him, OP. Sounds like you were playing games and now it's backfiring.

On top of that, doesn't sound like he was ever serious to begin with.

People get jealous, but doesn't mean that jealousy is an indication they truly like you. They like the attention, and now it's not on them. Has nothing to do with you, personally. I think he's already made that distinction clear in his mind.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:18 PM

True it may have just been because I wasn't giving him my attention. For example I noticed that at times when I would be talking to other men about certain things. He would make a post about something related to what he saw me talking about with the other men. This has been going on for months now and there were even times where he would create fake profiles and talk to me on them. I knew it was him but I just played along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
You need to be real with him, OP. Sounds like you were playing games and now it's backfiring.

On top of that, doesn't sound like he was ever serious to begin with.

People get jealous, but doesn't mean that jealousy is an indication they truly like you. They like the attention, and now it's not on them. Has nothing to do with you, personally. I think he's already made that distinction clear in his mind.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:18 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,755,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
You seem to think that you're going to get a do-over on the whole "engaging him sexually online" thing, and he'll see, once he "really gets to know you," that you're really not "like that" and he'll start looking at you as something besides a sexual object.

Not going to happen. That bell can't be unrung.
^^^^^ I agree with this.

OP:

No-one can turn back time... especially when they want to go back in time and change their behavior so a guy will not think of them as "that way".

He got an impression of you based on your on-line behavior when he looked at your Facebook page. What he saw was a female who sexually engages guys on-line and flirts with them. That is what he saw.

He cannot look at you as something besides a sexual object because that is that is all he saw on your Facebook page.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:21 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,755,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimx29 View Post
A do over? No I do not think that at all I know once you put the thought of sex in a man's mind if doesn't go away.
OP:

So exactly what do you want to happen if the two of you meet face to face?

Old 05-16-2015, 01:28 PM

I would just like to explain everything to him I'd also like to apologize for playing games with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:

So exactly what do you want to happen if the two of you meet face to face?

Old 05-16-2015, 01:34 PM

And yes things have backfired on me big time I believe he knew exactly what I was doing the entire time. I mean of course there is nothing wrong with me talking to other men. Yet a person can tell when you are trying to get under their skin right?

Old 05-16-2015, 01:37 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,387,776 times
Some people can separate sex from love and see it as mutually exclusive in the context of trust.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:39 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,859,542 times
He doesn't want a friend he wants sex. Don't meet him.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:40 PM

35,095 posts, read 50,984,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimx29 View Post
I would just like to explain everything to him I'd also like to apologize for playing games with him.

Do that in an email then delete all of his contact information and block him and leave the man alone.

Haven't you done enough to lead him on?
Why are you having such a difficult understanding his words to you?
"I don't like talking to you and I only want to have sex with you" is very very clear that he wants nothing more from you.

It would be more productive for you to find a new person, place or thing to form an obsession about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships