Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 11:12 PM

4 posts, read 7,853 times

Advertisements

A year ago I met some new friends who have a shop next to mine, initially i was friends with one of the brothers, his older sister liked me, they use to tease me about it (they were trying to set me up with her), We never hooked up or anything i wasn't that interested.. i kept us friends, I grew a stronger bond with the whole family seeing them almost everyday, Recently my attention has been drawn to the younger sister, who seems to act a little differently when speaking to me - she can't stop moving, sometimes drops things- full smile when looking at me and cannot keep a straight face (this is what got me thinking), sometimes i feel like shes subtly flirting with me but doesn't intend too, I have come to really like her..however, the thing that im worried about is - shes 18, im 26. This might be preventing her, im not sure how the brother will feel about this im sure he would understand if anything should happen between me and her, he was fine with his other sister but she was aged early 20's. The sister's are close, im 90% sure that the older sister is over me now i hope.
I havent shown at all that i like the younger sister ( havent flirted with her yet or given compliments) but i can't get her off my mind and ill do anything just to see her, im very scared to admit how i feel or who i should tell first!

I mentioned i was going to the same club as her, she smiled big and asked me "Really?" but right after she turned and said "no that would be weird!", i asked why and she said " because you're my brothers friend!"
but she explained further and i got the feeling she would of been embarresed if I saw her at the club dancing etc.

sometimes she jokes around with me and comes closer to tease me or whatever, like i joked and said this is my space and she walked right up to my face ( not to kiss me), i stepped away ( like an idiot)
run up to me at her shop as im talking to her brother and she had food and wanted to heat it up and was excited..came closer to me ( i stepped back like an idiot again)

The thing is..what has thrown me off is that i messaged her afew times, she didnt reply for a day! ( i ended up doing the same) it wasnt anything big we were just having a laugh.

Time is making it stronger because i see her twice a week at work, Im not sure what to do and im confused, she could be confused herself, I need some help on finding out how she feels and what I should do from here on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 11:16 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Keep Religion, Romance and Politics out of the office.

Old 05-16-2015, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Keep Religion, Romance and Politics out of the office.
We don't work at the same place, our shops are just close to eachothers. we all hangout outside too, last night i was at her house with all of them ( the brother, two sisters and couple friends. we all chilled)

Old 05-17-2015, 12:31 AM

13,282 posts, read 7,330,443 times
Well I had this kind of situation when I was in my early 20's I passed on it now I regretted it because I found out later she really did like me and wanted me to ask her out. I always wondered how that would have turned out, but I would ask your friend how he feels about it he might have a problem. I wonder if her parents are going to not like you being 26 her 18. They might be okay with it but I would ask your friend what he thinks. If you do end up with her take it slow because if it ends badly might make things between your friend and you difficult.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Well I had this kind of situation when I was in my early 20's I passed on it now I regretted it because I found out later she really did like me and wanted me to ask her out. I always wondered how that would have turned out, but I would ask your friend how he feels about it he might have a problem. I wonder if her parents are going to not like you being 26 her 18. They might be okay with it but I would ask your friend what he thinks. If you do end up with her take it slow because if it ends badly might make things between your friend and you difficult.

Thanks for your reply,

Yeah I will ask the brother eventually, they were fine with me dating the other sister, first I need to know how the younger sister feels because its not clear- she is probably confused too, its tricky how to start this, whether i should insinuate that i like her or tell someone first, if theres a good way to test her feelings i would rather do that but im not sure!
also how did you find out she liked you and wanted you to ask her out?
was everyone okay with it?

Old 05-17-2015, 07:45 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,966 times
What does an 18 year old have in common with a 26 year old?

What does a 26 year old have in common with an 18 year old?

Old 05-17-2015, 08:28 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,147,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
What does an 18 year old have in common with a 26 year old?

What does a 26 year old have in common with an 18 year old?

I'm pretty sure their genitals line up just fine.

Old 05-17-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I'm pretty sure their genitals line up just fine.
So are you saying that both of them only want sex and nothing more than that?

Old 05-17-2015, 08:49 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,147,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
So are you saying that both of them only want sex and nothing more than that?

I'm sure there could be a few drinks and some apps at the Applebees.

Old 05-17-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I'm sure there could be a few drinks and some apps at the Applebees.
So this so called dating relationship is only based on sex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships