Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 09:15 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,141,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
So this so called dating relationship is only based on sex
I'm sure a dinner at Applebee's will put anything they're feeling in a pressure cooker.

This is my advice for the OP.

Don’t poop close to where you eat.

She has yet to turn 21 and for some women turning 21 means a switch gets flipped.

She has yet to turn 21 so she’ll have order off the kids menu at Applebee’s.

I'd avoid unless looking for a hit and quit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2015, 09:27 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I'm pretty sure their genitals line up just fine.
Exactly....when I was in college and 18 my parents pretty much crapped their pants when I started going out with a 25 year old...and NOW, I can see why - especially since I didn't have a lot of dating experience. If I was the OP I would tread carefully because of the age difference not so much because of being the younger sister of a friend, etc. Being the relative of a close friend means you'd better treat her extra nice - not just use and abuse her or break up badly.

Old 05-17-2015, 07:31 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,050,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Well I had this kind of situation when I was in my early 20's I passed on it now I regretted it because I found out later she really did like me and wanted me to ask her out. I always wondered how that would have turned out, but I would ask your friend how he feels about it he might have a problem. I wonder if her parents are going to not like you being 26 her 18. They might be okay with it but I would ask your friend what he thinks. If you do end up with her take it slow because if it ends badly might make things between your friend and you difficult.
I would think if he's close with the family, they may have a higher opinion of him than another mid-twenties stranger. I also can imagine the brother being protective since she's younger, but who knows? He might also still respect the OP more than a stranger. But yes, being close will put more pressure about having more to lose if things go awry.

Old 05-17-2015, 07:51 PM

387 posts, read 589,250 times
is your friend stronger than you? if not, ask his sister out. YOLO !

Old 05-17-2015, 08:07 PM

4 posts, read 7,851 times
Thankyou guys for your replies!

Yeah the family does like me - I was just over their house on the weekend, As much as i honestly value all your opinions, knowing myself, as soon as i find out she does like me and can see herself with me..I will go for it- however getting to that point is a struggle! I guess its wise to think ahead about the families consent and such and incase anything should happen what then and what..however this does more complicate the situation i think - flooding it.

They're actually 2 brothers, theyre not your typical older brothers however ( I have even told them off for this before ) when they dont act guardian to their sisters..in saying that ofcourse they will have a say - i believe I if talk to them and tell them my good intentions they would understand.. the older sister and younger are close..another weird thing is that the older sister use to like me alot, that has delt me a tricky card.

What I just need to know from now again is finding out how the younger sister truly feels (i sense shes confused alittle aswell) again ive yet to compliment her or flirt.. i might start being a tad closer to her than usuall and go with the flow and see how i go.

Are their any little tests or anything i can do to find out ? hints?

Thanks guys!

Old 05-17-2015, 09:16 PM

833 posts, read 657,580 times
OP I know you needed input on your relationship related matter but couldn't resist - its 'could have' and not 'could of'.

Sorry dude but what if the girl you date is an English major? This could have been a show stopper!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships