Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 03:50 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,089,681 times

Advertisements

Lie to your friends, or lie to prospective women? If they are really your friends, then you should be able to be honest with them. It's unusual to be 24 and not have any dating experience, but it's your life. If you're happy with being single, then don't worry about what anyone else thinks. If you're not happy, then it is up to you to make changes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2015, 03:53 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,393,125 times
Don't lie, it will only come back to haunt you later on. Just be yourself, i'm sure there are others your age who haven't had a girlfriend/boyfriend yet.

Old 05-17-2015, 05:27 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,395,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Lie to your friends, or lie to prospective women? If they are really your friends, then you should be able to be honest with them. It's unusual to be 24 and not have any dating experience, but it's your life. If you're happy with being single, then don't worry about what anyone else thinks. If you're not happy, then it is up to you to make changes.
I've never had any dating experience. It's probably more common than you think. You don't know people's experiences growing up in their teens or what not. I'm 24 now, and my confidence has definitely improved over the last couple of years. At this point, I'm open to a relationship, but I'm not actively seeking it. I have school, my own personal business (which is currently going well), social life, and internships to deal with it.

Edit-To the open poster, I've lied about having some (haven't exaggerated it or anything) relationship experience in the past to my friends. I don't believe they'd treat me any differently if I told them the truth, but I know for sure they'd wonder why and would maybe ask questions as well (which I'd rather not deal with). The funny thing is most people assume I'm a ladies man in real life (by the way I talk, dress, etc.). If only they really knew..lol

Last edited by NewYorker11356; 05-17-2015 at 05:45 PM..

Old 05-17-2015, 05:32 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,395,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Don't lie, it will only come back to haunt you later on. Just be yourself, i'm sure there are others your age who haven't had a girlfriend/boyfriend yet.
I don't see how that would be the case. It's not like they'd do a background check on your relationship history or anything...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships