Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 09:50 AM

609 posts, read 615,549 times

Advertisements

So, I forced myself to get out there and date and I went on a first date on Saturday and I felt no sparks or passion. And I could tell the guy was attractive, but I wasn't really attracted to him. Do you think this is a bad sign? Can all of that develop later on or should it be happening right away and obvious?
It was a very long date by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 09:51 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Oh, no, its a great sign!

C'mon. This is why most first dates don't have second dates: no sparks. Next up!

Old 05-18-2015, 10:04 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
So, I forced myself to get out there and date and I went on a first date on Saturday and I felt no sparks or passion. And I could tell the guy was attractive, but I wasn't really attracted to him. Do you think this is a bad sign? Can all of that develop later on or should it be happening right away and obvious?
Doesn't sound like you were thrilled about this. When you have those "very long dates" with someone you're at least somewhat into they don't feel like "very long dates" usually, its more like "oh wow, didn't realize we've been out this long"!

So in short, I'd say congrats on getting out there, but move on to the next guy instead of wasting this guy's time.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:09 AM

I also feel like I only ever really like one out of every 6 or 8 guys I go on a date with. Or am very attracted/interested in them. Is this normal?

Old 05-18-2015, 10:12 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,665 times
Quote:
I also feel like I only ever really like one out of every 6 or 8 guys I go on a date with. Or am very attracted/interested in them. Is this normal?
Yes, same goes for me! I've been online dating for a couple of years now, probably met about 15 guys, I'd say I was probably very attracted both physically and mentally, to only about two of them.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:12 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:

Seems like you're doing better than average with that percentage.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:15 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Not a bad sign, per se. You aren't always feeling it with everybody who crosses your path.

It MIGHT (MIGHT) be a sign that you're not ready to date, however. Particularly if you chronically experience that nobody interests you in particular.

I wouldn't say that full on infatuation has to start from date one, but in order to get to date two, there should be SOMETHING that piques your interest, in SOME way. If there is not, whether it's you or him, makes no difference...it's not happening.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:39 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times
Quote:

I am guessing he was attractive in the sense he would look attractive in a photograph or attractive from across the room, but something about his mannerisms wasn't attractive to you. Annoying sounding voice perhaps?

Old 05-18-2015, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
I am guessing he was attractive in the sense he would look attractive in a photograph or attractive from across the room, but something about his mannerisms wasn't attractive to you. Annoying sounding voice perhaps?
Yeah he was verrrry cute in his pictures, but in person his voice/mannerisms/even something about his face didn't appeal to me at all. I could be friends with him, but there was not much of an attraction there.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:46 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
Quote:
Yeah he was verrrry cute in his pictures, but in person his voice/mannerisms/even something about his face didn't appeal to me at all. I could be friends with him, but there was not much of an attraction there.

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself then. You can't really make yourself like someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships