Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 08:47 PM

780 posts, read 678,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey fresh View Post
I found out 3 weeks before our wedding that my fiancé was cheating on my with one of her clients. My suspicions arose around March and after enough doubt filled my mind I did the unthinkable. I went over all her phone records and found a pattern of calls to a strange number that I had never seen on her phone. After enough evidence was gathered I decided to confront and she denied it until I presented the evidence to her. She then admitted it and we called the wedding off. This was last week. Last night she calls me trying to work things out. Since the first discovery I also found out she was hiding money from me in a secret bank account. I have tried to let her go but she contacts me every other day to and it's hard for me to turn her away. After all, I was ready to commit my life to her in a matter of weeks. I know she is wrong for me but how do I fight the feeling to take her back considering I still love her
How do you fight the feeling to take her back?

Well, think back to what she did and how your life will be like if you do get back together?

Lies, mistrust, playing detective...

You probably should read this post every time you are inclined to take her back, just to remind yourself why it had to end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 12:01 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Don't be a fool.

You are not in love with her. You are in love with the idea of her. Big difference between one and the other.

Block her calls. If she persists, get a restraining order. Because if she behaves this way scant weeks before you were to be married, how do you think she'll behave after you've tied the knot?
Very good advice

Old 05-20-2015, 06:20 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,323 times
Block contact with her. Every time you think of her, think $$$$$, attorney fees, $$$$$$$$$$$$, attorney fees. Be thankful that the break up is not costing you money along with emotional distress.

Old 05-23-2015, 03:22 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,003 times
No need to hide from her...just tell her you want an air-tight prenup before you marry her. That'll send her running and hiding from you most likely.

No, in all seriousness, she just did you a HUGE favor. Maybe she'll regret her behavior some day or maybe she won't, but at least she didn't drag you down with her.

Old 05-23-2015, 05:42 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Change your cell number. Seriously, it could only get worse imo. Do not volunteer...remember she did not come to you with remorse after making a mistake with another man...You had to do the detective work, and she denied it until you prooved how much you already knew. In my mind, that is not someone who has learned their lesson and will not repeat it....This is someone who will just be smarter next time.

Love is supposed to be mutual and respectful and protective...so many things...none of which you mentioned when describing your relationship.

Love can be a terrible thing if it makes us make irrational decisions....thn it is more like co-dependency than love. Good luck to you...

Old 05-23-2015, 05:51 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Change your cell number. Seriously, it could only get worse imo. Do not volunteer...remember she did not come to you with remorse after making a mistake with another man...You had to do the detective work, and she denied it until you prooved how much you already knew. In my mind, that is not someone who has learned their lesson and will not repeat it....This is someone who will just be smarter next time.

Love is supposed to be mutual and respectful and protective...so many things...none of which you mentioned when describing your relationship.

Love can be a terrible thing if it makes us make irrational decisions....thn it is more like co-dependency than love. Good luck to you...
Another great post.

Old 05-23-2015, 07:30 PM

800 posts, read 730,253 times
Sounds like she is in love with someone else and just using you. Maybe you have money. She does not love you. Women don't just mess around like that. They are not males. When they sleep with someone they love them in some way. They cannot just smash and dash with no remorse like a male. She is in love withe the other guy. Don't marry her. If it was a one time lapse maybe you can forgive her. But not this. She has another boyfriend!

Old 05-23-2015, 07:52 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
whoa really, things have changed around here ugh? Given my track history style of posting better watch myself lol..... can we still say "boobs"?

Just be secretive about it, say booobs, or bobs.....

Old 05-27-2015, 05:20 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey fresh View Post
I found out 3 weeks before our wedding that my fiancé was cheating on my with one of her clients. My suspicions arose around March and after enough doubt filled my mind I did the unthinkable. I went over all her phone records and found a pattern of calls to a strange number that I had never seen on her phone. After enough evidence was gathered I decided to confront and she denied it until I presented the evidence to her. She then admitted it and we called the wedding off. This was last week. Last night she calls me trying to work things out. Since the first discovery I also found out she was hiding money from me in a secret bank account. I have tried to let her go but she contacts me every other day to and it's hard for me to turn her away. After all, I was ready to commit my life to her in a matter of weeks. I know she is wrong for me but how do I fight the feeling to take her back considering I still love her
I don't know, but you sound like you're strong enough to do it. It's understandable that you still have feelings, but I can tell that you know she's not right for you and that you respect yourself enough not to give in.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships