Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 09:03 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,282,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmil View Post
Yeah, it's hard to get mad at the ex-FWB. He's just being a guy. Like weezerfan84 said, most guys who have been in this situation will "check in" every once in awhile to see how things are going. If she's in a relationship, cool. If she's not, or if she's not happy, hey, let me know and we can hang out. It's not a direct threat to the other guy because most guys aren't looking to hook up with women who are taken.

That being said, it seems like your girlfriend has some boundary issues. I don't think she's cheating, but I do think she likes the attention. You want her and this other dude does too. Having been there, after a divorce you want to feel like you've still "got it". I can understand how she feels, but she needs to be more respectful of you by not playing patty-cake with this other guy. Relationships are built on trust, even the fun, lighthearted ones. Because it'll be the weekend the two of you have a falling out over something that ol' boy comes wagging his junk at your girlfriend again and if she's been entertaining his advances without returning them, it could lead to trouble.

Spot on advice. The part about you two falling out and that guy being there to catch her when she falls is very true as well. This is where she needs to respect your boundaries. This guy is only lurking, because she's not BLATANTLY shutting it down. I'm not saying she has to be all mean about it, but she needs to tell that guy she's happy in her relationship and she would respect if he would just leave her be. No need to check in or anything like that. If the guy is wise he'll take the hint, because if she wants to find him again, she knows where to look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 11:01 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,730,784 times
***** wants the attention. Do the right thing by not giving her what she wants. She wants what she doesn't deserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships