Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 04:10 PM

3 posts, read 2,135 times

Advertisements

So a little about me first is probably necessary. I am a 28 year old woman. I have had 3 relationships spanning about 7 years of my life. All of them I met online and were long distance relationships ( closed distance with 2. ) I am very introverted and have social anxiety and consequently I am socially inept. Dating is weird and awkward and confusing for me.

It's been 6 months since my last relationship ended and I have chosen to use the internet in my search for a partner. I have been seeing this one guy for about 2 weeks now. Before we met up we both discussed what we were "looking for." We've seen each other 3 times and the last time we did end up having sex. He had said that day that he would like to go out on Tuesday night and maybe stay the night since we both have Wednesdays off. He also mentioned that we wouldn't be able to do that if it ends up that he has to work because his work would be closed for the holiday. He got a text before he left about how they did in fact need him to work that day. He eventually left and we never made plans to see each other again.

Now, he texted me the day after and asked about how my day was going, we texted a little here and there the next couple of days but never made any plans to see each other. On Wednesday I texted him that I would like to see each other again. He asked when I was free and I told him. He too has social anxiety (something he mentioned to me before i mentioned it to him) and we had talked about how I've never really dated before so it was all new for me. So when I sent a text letting him know I was sorry if i overstepped that dating is new to me and if he wasn't interested that was fine as well. I told him I didn't want to come off too strong and chase him off or something lol (NOT my finest moment here.) Anyway, he texted back "Lol. Don't worry. I want to go out again!" and then explained that his job is demanding and exhausting and it's hard to make plans for days that he works. Which was something I already knew about from previous conversations.

Anyway, we ended up making plans for this coming Tuesday like we had intended to do last week and that's the last I heard from him. He hasn't gotten in touch with me at all since Wednesday night. He really does seem like a nice genuine guy but if he was truly interested wouldn't he touch base with me in some way? I just don't want to waste my time and so I'm looking for some opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 04:54 PM

536 posts, read 481,966 times
I don't understand why you say you've never dated if you've had 3 relationships over 7 years. That's a lot of dates!

If you have some required amount of communication, then you need to disclose that, otherwise just go with the flow.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeej View Post
I don't understand why you say you've never dated if you've had 3 relationships over 7 years. That's a lot of dates!

If you have some required amount of communication, then you need to disclose that, otherwise just go with the flow.

I guess I separate the word dating from relationship. To me dating is this step before the relationship happens..

Old 07-05-2015, 05:00 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Are you in the same city as this guy?

Old 07-05-2015, 05:02 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
What's "closed distance?"

Old 07-05-2015, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Are you in the same city as this guy?
No, we are about a 30 minute drive apart.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:03 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,644,056 times
Okay. Its Sunday.

He hasnt gotten back in touch snce Wednesday.

That means all these days... Thursday, Thursday night, Friday, Friday night, all day Saturday, all night Saturday, all day Sunday...have been radio silence. Does he also work on weekends?

Ever since you two had sex, you have not seen him and have not heard from him except the vague texts.

I think he just wants sex.

Look at all these couples with jobs who still see each other everyday. He didnt have a problem making time to talk to you before he got laid.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:11 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,896,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialDerp View Post
Anyway, we ended up making plans for this coming Tuesday like we had intended to do last week and that's the last I heard from him. He hasn't gotten in touch with me at all since Wednesday night. He really does seem like a nice genuine guy but if he was truly interested wouldn't he touch base with me in some way? I just don't want to waste my time and so I'm looking for some opinions.

The answer to your question is no. He may be very interested in you and still not touch base with you over the course of a week.

How are you wasting your time? You got something better to do on Tuesday? Give him a chance to negotiate a level of contact that is comfortable for you both.

If you are concerned about putting all your eggs in this basket, go ahead, get back online, and contact someone else. You are not in a committed relationship.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:14 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
You can give him another couple of days to see what happens, but unfortunately he might be a hit it and quit it type..... you'll know soon enough.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:40 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
depends how hot you are
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships