Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 11:27 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
In the process of moving out at the moment. The woman makes well into six figures and has no money problems. There will be no issues for her. We both do very well financially so money won't be a problem for either of us.. Decided to leave the mother out of it. Don't need any more headaches. Told the GF what I was doing. She is not happy. Told me I had to wait until she got back so we could talk. Told her nothing to talk about. As someone suggested, this is not going to go well. will be long gone before she gets home.
Hell yes!

It feels great making that stand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 06:53 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I'm not following you. First you tell OP he is seriously needy (basically saying his desire for communication is the problem). Then you say the gf is not making OP a priority in her life (agreed. THAT is the problem). Then you say that you always send a message to your wide that you arrived safely---so why is it "needy" for OP to want that?

When my hub is out of town (which is frequent, unfortunately), we talk minimum 3 times a day (morning, mid-day, bedtime, sometimes more, often brief calls but a connection), with a few sweet little text messages scattered throughout the day. We both love and appreciate the frequent communication.
You missed my point. If she gave a rip, she'd communicate. But he's essentially sitting by the phone and whining about her not calling him--smothering this woman. My point is that if she actually cared all that much about him, she would reach out.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:29 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You missed my point. If she gave a rip, she'd communicate. But he's essentially sitting by the phone and whining about her not calling him--smothering this woman. My point is that if she actually cared all that much about him, she would reach out.
Meanwhile, the OP is moving out.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:36 AM

745 posts, read 800,732 times
Yeah, I think the OP did the right thing. Went through something shockingly similar to this years back, except it didn't drag out so long and I kicked HER out.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:06 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
I don't know how serious your are, but my two cents. When I am on business trips, I am very busy. Usually it involves waking up at 5:30 am working out, getting ready and then head into meetings. As soon as the meetings end, up to my room for a quick change and out to client dinners. I'll get back to my hotel room 11/12 at night. I maybe have ten to fifteen minutes of down time.

I try and call or quickly text my family, but it doesn't always happen. It's exhausting. It has nothing to do with missing my family or not valuing them, it has to do with truly not having time. I think you are taking this way too personally. This is either something you can deal with or not.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I don't know how serious your are, but my two cents. When I am on business trips, I am very busy. Usually it involves waking up at 5:30 am working out, getting ready and then head into meetings. As soon as the meetings end, up to my room for a quick change and out to client dinners. I'll get back to my hotel room 11/12 at night. I maybe have ten to fifteen minutes of down time.

I try and call or quickly text my family, but it doesn't always happen. It's exhausting. It has nothing to do with missing my family or not valuing them, it has to do with truly not having time. I think you are taking this way too personally. This is either something you can deal with or not.
I am an IT consultant, I travel quite a bit. I make a point to take a few minutes to send quick texts or emails throughout the day. I think it's very disingenuous to say otherwise. I bet you reply to work emails within a few minutes of getting them... to me texts from the SO are just as important

Old 05-22-2015, 09:18 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times
Quote:

No, no, and no. It takes 15 seconds to compose an "I love you" text, and maybe 5 minutes for a quick call. A neurosurgeon operating on the President could make that happen.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
No, no, and no. It takes 15 seconds to compose an "I love you" text, and maybe 5 minutes for a quick call. A neurosurgeon operating on the President could make that happen.
Exactly. I know some people feel they don't need to respond, or feel that people wanting at least a daily text are needy, please

Old 05-22-2015, 09:52 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:

You can't shave a few minutes from your workout? Priorities.

I have never in my life seen someone so busy from wakeup to sleep that they can't spare ten minutes. How do you ever manage to go to the bathroom?

Old 05-22-2015, 11:57 AM

971 posts, read 688,204 times
Quote:

Wow. IS this my ex GF talking?? Lol. This sounds EXACTLY like something she used to say. Then, my question would always be something along the lines of "saw you posted on FB you were in the bar from 9pm to 2am....you couldn't have taken a moment then, on a bathroom break to at least touch base?" and she would say no...too busy. I had people with me. Moot point anymore. I'm gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships