Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 08:17 AM

51 posts, read 60,411 times

Advertisements

I have became friends with this guy during this year. We spend lots of time together every week, also just me and him together. He will soon move quite far away. I think I am really having a big crush on him, but also he is one of the closest friends of mine. I think there is a big possibility that he has feelings too. We are both quite shy.

Should I risk our (really beautifull) friendship and tell how I feel?

Or is it a super bad timing to tell now? Should I keep the friendship alive and tell him maybe later if we will live closer and both still single?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 08:25 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,009,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaadijaadi View Post
I have became friends with this guy during this year. We spend lots of time together every week, also just me and him together. He will soon move quite far away. I think I am really having a big crush on him, but also he is one of the closest friends of mine. I think there is a big possibility that he has feelings too. We are both quite shy.

Should I risk our (really beautifull) friendship and tell how I feel?

Or is it a super bad timing to tell now? Should I keep the friendship alive and tell him maybe later if we will live closer and both still single?
If you have feelings for him, a "really beautiful" friendship is not going to exactly be fulfilling.

Nor is sitting around speculating about whether or not he has feelings for you. Eventually this will just be torture.

It sounds like it is time to learn to communicate your feelings to those who you have feelings for. Stop being so shy.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:26 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:

Yes.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:31 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,660,494 times
Quote:

This.
You have nothing to gain as he is moving far away.
Keep and savor the friendship. And you may get closer, relationally and geographically, in the future.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:34 PM

800 posts, read 730,253 times
Let him go.

Thats what happens when you are to scared to make a move. You risk your heart being broken, but as you can see, it was going to break anyway.

Should've done what you wanted.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:23 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Friendships between guys and girls don't last. You risk nothing.

Worrying about "risking a friendship" is stupid because you keep your friendship until one gets in a relationship and you then start to never see them again.

I'm sure I'll get people giving me anecdotal exceptions... but let's face it. That's just how it goes.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:54 AM

271 posts, read 157,146 times
Keep the friendship alive for now, it is not the right timing to tell him that you have feelings for him.
Respect him, and tell him when the time is right. You shouldn't let yourself get in the way of his plans, it wouldn't make for a good starting point for a relationship.
Keep things practical for now! Carry on with your great friendship!

Old 05-24-2015, 11:48 AM

51 posts, read 60,411 times
Thank you so much for your responses.. Now I am starting to think maybe I should not tell him yet. But because of it is smart decision or am I just too scared? I do not know.. :O

Old 05-24-2015, 11:51 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Friendships between guys and girls don't last. You risk nothing.

Worrying about "risking a friendship" is stupid because you keep your friendship until one gets in a relationship and you then start to never see them again.

I'm sure I'll get people giving me anecdotal exceptions... but let's face it. That's just how it goes.
It is not just how it goes, I've had the same male friends for more than 20 years. Mr. CSD has had the same female friends for longer than that.
Men and women can continue to be just friends without any romantic or intimate feelings at all.

Old 05-24-2015, 12:02 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Unless you are so sure that you BOTH want something more than friendship AND have a good chance at making it work, why would you want to mess up his plans to move? I agree that you missed your chance - now he's made other plans and it's quite selfish to want to spring something on him just on a whim.

If you'd done this months ago and something had developed he may not have decided to move, but now is not the right time. And it could very well be that you ONLY feel more strongly about him now just because you know he's leaving...so let him be and use this lesson for the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships