Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 09:48 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack423111 View Post
Yes I know. But did you read my whole response. Some people can stay married and just live miserably in the marriage and avoid divorcing for the sake of the risks mentioned above in my reply

Yeah, but that was FAR more likely to happen 30+ years ago since divorce was stigmatized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 09:48 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,072 times
This all boils down to:

Being honest /= having diarrhea of the mouth about every personal detail of a relationship, no matter what the relationship (or in this case fingertips on social media).

Makes me wonder if the OP is the kind of person who blurts out whatever is in his head no matter how outrageous, offensive, or in bad taste all the time... like Jim Carrey's character in the movie Liar Liar. Did he write all over Facebook about his girlfriends parent's fighting? If not, why not? By his own definition he's being dishonest about his relationship with her and her family by not telling the world about it.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:56 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times
Because all human lie in general.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:57 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
OP: It's never about cleaning the dishes or the toilets. Get honest. There are deeper problems underneath the dirty dishes.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:09 AM

60 posts, read 38,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
Exactly. We obviously will never get into personal lives of people but they can certainly tell lies up the wazoo that allis well with them and there are no issues. . But we will never know

Old 05-28-2015, 10:11 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack423111 View Post
Exactly. We obviously will never get into personal lives of people but they can certainly tell lies up the wazoo that allis well with them and there are no issues. . But we will never know
So if you run into someone and ask, "How are you?" and they say, "fine," do you consider them dishonest liars because they didn't regale you with stories about their insomnia and their idiot boss and their car troubles?

Old 05-28-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I'm not sure how that applies in any way to couple today, who tend to view marriage more pragmatically and are less likely to rush into it at a young age. Then again, I am of the viewpoint that an amicable divorce isn't the worst thing that can happen to a marriage; it's much better for all involved than a miserable marriage.

Exactly to that also. Some people will not take the chance of divorce because of jeopardizing children, financial being or spouses parents

Old 05-28-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
OP: It's never about cleaning the dishes or the toilets. Get honest. There are deeper problems underneath the dirty dishes.
Of course there are . There could be issues 100 times worse

Old 05-28-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yeah, but that was FAR more likely to happen 30+ years ago since divorce was stigmatized.
Well like I said , yes I agree that the divorce rate went down but remember divorces have not went away completely. And people can stay married and not divorce because they want to avoid financial risks and for the sake of there are children involved. There are for sure couples who don't divorce but stay feeling miserable in the marriage or they live a co existant marriage where there are just strangers living in the same house

Old 05-28-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
True and that is why sometimes you can't trust even your own partner in a relationship. They say that they are honest but are they truly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships