Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 06:18 AM

60 posts, read 38,582 times

Advertisements

It is common that marriages have their ups and downs. Why can't people be honest about that there are times where the couple argues? It seems people put on a good front when out in public but behind closed doors, WATCH OUT!!! Are couples not confident to say yes that they get upset at their spouse for not cleaning the dishes or cleaning the bathroom after themselves?? I mean come on. That is everyday living when you are living with someone. Look in Hollywood , the couples there keep a clean front when in public or the media but something bad happens it is displayed quick and all over the media. I mean it is life we should be honest about everything and not hide it. That is life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 06:20 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Uh, most people admit they have disagreements.

Though wisely they keep the nature and details on these between them and their partners.

Not much to be gained by airing dirty laundry.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Uh, most people admit they have disagreements.

Though wisely they keep the nature and details on these between them and their partners.

Not much to be gained by airing dirty laundry.

But people should not necessarily say that they have the perfect marriage because in reality no one does. There are always ups and down. Every person has different opinions and will not always agree with the other spouse.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:25 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,101,447 times
I think I've been pretty honest with my relationship with my wife here on CD ... short of airing out dirty laundry. I will admit, probably too much so...

I agree with timberline. It is best to keep the details to themselves or (if you are lucky) a close friend and confidant. Our neighbors across the street are getting a divorce... I used to be envious because they seemed to have it all together. You never really know looking from the outside and that may be a good thing.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:25 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
I don't know anyone that claims to have a perfect marriage. Not sure I ever met anyone that ever has said that.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I think I've been pretty honest with my relationship with my wife here on CD ... short of airing out dirty laundry. I will admit, probably too much so...

For the most part, I agree with timberline. It is best to keep the details to themselves or (if you are lucky) a close friend and confidant. Our neighbors across the street are getting a divorce... I used to be envious because they seemed to have it all together. You never really know looking from the outside and that may be a good thing.

Very true. I know a couple that looked like the perfect little family with kids. Everyone thought that they are loving and caring. Then one day they got a divorce and it was pretty messy

Old 05-22-2015, 06:36 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack423111 View Post
But people should not necessarily say that they have the perfect marriage because in reality no one does. There are always ups and down. Every person has different opinions and will not always agree with the other spouse.
I have never in my life heard anyone say their marriage is perfect.... and I am OLD!

Old 05-22-2015, 06:37 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack423111 View Post
I know a couple that looked like the perfect little family with kids. Everyone thought that they are loving and caring. Then one day they got a divorce and it was pretty messy
Proof that just because you THINK they are perfect (did they ever actually SAY they were?), doesn't make it true.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:37 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,034,453 times
I have often been shocked to learn what some experience on their marriage, when it appears to be perfect from the outside.

I have learned that those that make it seem like they are the happiest couples on social media, tend to have the worst problems and fall the hardest.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:39 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
It's a pretty safe assumption that all couples argue (some more often and more bitterly than others), so I'm not sure there is any reason to make all of your arguments public knowledge. Especially the mundane ****, like who does what around the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships