Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 07:02 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,132,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminating Thoughts View Post
You're absolutely right and I told her I would have trust issues with her. Her reason in not divorcing right away is because she has a house and joint accounts. However she gets outside encouragment to be single because she has never really dated. She has had two failed marriages so she I'd express to me she wanted to date and not be tied down which were clear red flags for me. Again my loneliness overtook my rational mind.
It happens to the best of us - Good luck to you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 07:32 PM

166 posts, read 244,348 times
OH goodness, Illuminating, you sound like an old and tired guy- I was lonely...blah, blah, You are only 33; go out and meet available people, volunteer, join a club, do something. Don't blame your sense of loneliness and your past on this misstep. You went in with your eyes wide open!
What if the husband had found out about you? This could have ended up a lot worse. You play with fire; you get burned. It's simple as that.
Move on. Lesson learned.
Don't get involved with married women. If they cheat with you; they will on you! You live and learn.

Old 05-23-2015, 07:53 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:

As for the idea that "what did you expect?" Well I didn't expect to be in this situation. I really wasn't looking for this and like I said, we started out as friends and it just happened.
Here's the thing to remember ... it never "just happens."

You had a thousand chances to stop it along the way, but you chose not to.

The first time you knew you were behaving as more than friends ...

The first time one of you made a sexual advance...

The first time you kissed ...

Those all were choices you made. SO THAT is how you ended up in this situation. And I know from experience, as do you, that "these situations" rarely end well. You can't let loneliness drive you to desperation. When someone is willing to overlap their relationship boundaries like this, you cannot really trust them to make other good decisions.

You will inevitably get hurt.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:17 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,240,908 times
Smile Consider yourself lucky

Quote:
You guys are right. I guess I am looking for some comfort in my own ignorance. Sadly I stayed in this because of companionship. She was a professional woman who took interest in me.

Sadly she said in a conversation that she continued dating me to see if her crush would go away. It is unfortunate that my loneliness has developed a lack of self esteem within myself
Ten years from now, you will look back and know she did you a favor. Just think if her husband had found out and much worse could have happened.

Lesson learned.

To feel less depressed, volunteer. Find something you like doing and volunteer. There is always someone in greater need.

Good luck.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:21 PM

511 posts, read 508,789 times
this is a troll

Old 05-23-2015, 08:24 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
Ten years from now, you will look back and know she did you a favor. Just think if her husband had found out and much worse could have happened.

Lesson learned.

To feel less depressed, volunteer. Find something you like doing and volunteer. There is always someone in greater need.

Good luck.
As someone said, and it's true. If your biggest issue in your life is that you're having trouble with romance, then your life is damn good. Romance is nice, and it's good to have a special someone. And it can be lonely when you don't, but things could be worse. You could be

1. terminally Ill
2. Have a loved one dead, or terminally ill
3. Be in severe debt
4. Homeless
5. In an abusive relationship, and still lonely, but also living in fear
6. Bed-ridden
etc

So sure, it can be saddening that you know about love, and see others experience it but yet you have trouble. But if that's your main trouble, you're lucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships