Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 11:04 PM

625 posts, read 952,600 times

Advertisements

A woman who dated me for three months broke up with me in February to get back with someone whom she dated before she met me. Not only did she break up with me, but she even said that she didn't want us to even see each other again. They were engaged within a month after they got back together. A few days ago, they broke up the engagement. She contacted me on Facebook messenger on Friday morning, because she misses me and wanted to meet me. I decided to meet her at Applebees on Friday night. I was on the impression that we would be friends. But she held my hand and we later kissed a few times that night. Should I get back together with her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 11:06 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
If you want to be the rebound guy until she finds someone else or gets back with her ex boyfriend again, sure why not.
Otherwise don't.

Old 05-23-2015, 11:11 PM

625 posts, read 952,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
If you want to be the rebound guy until she finds someone else or gets back with her ex boyfriend again, sure why not.
Otherwise don't.

That's the problem. I don't want to get my heart broken again if she finds someone else.

Old 05-23-2015, 11:15 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
That's the problem. I don't want to get my heart broken again if she finds someone else.
Always a chance of heartbreak in a relationship. But the risk is very high here. She got back with an ex, whom she apparently wasn't over. Now that's backfired, and all of a sudden, she misses you now?

It really sounds like she's rebounding. Things fell through with her ex, now she's coming back to the guy she knows likes her and would take her back.

It always seems like a fallback when someone gets together with an ex again, then wanna come to you when it doesn't work out. And the fact she so readily left you when the ex came into the pic again seems to show her feelings for you were rather shallow.

I could be wrong though. So if you want to give her another chance you can. But, me personally, I wouldn't do it, or recommend it. But if you do, I would say be prepared for any outcome--good or bad.

Old 05-23-2015, 11:35 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
Don't do it. She dumped you for ANOTHER MAN. There's no justifying that.

Old 05-23-2015, 11:38 PM

511 posts, read 508,939 times
yep^^^

Old 05-23-2015, 11:42 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,345 times
People are so quick to jump the gun on this forum (website), but truth is: you never know.

She could have thought she loved the ex, got mixed up with him (they did have history together.. probably more than she did with you at the time), then she realized it wasn't a good fit for whatever reason. Maybe she did like you, but still had unresolved feelings with the ex. If you didn't know her for long before she left you, yes... you could give her a chance. Try not to get your heart too involved yet. But see where it leads... like I said, you never know. No one up here knows either. We don't know her or very much about the situation, you do.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:04 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
I'd respond with "you never wanted to see me again." You're getting your wish. Then block her.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:24 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Don't jump to conclusions.... I think it was a mistake to hold hands and kiss her so soon after.

Talk to her and tell her how you feel. Tell her that you were hurt and that you want to take it slowly this time as a result. Ask her to explain "the why" and "intentions". Trust your gut and be ready to cut off relations if you feel like she's using you in a rebound.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:55 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,454,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
A woman who dated me for three months broke up with me in February to get back with someone whom she dated before she met me. Not only did she break up with me, but she even said that she didn't want us to even see each other again. They were engaged within a month after they got back together. A few days ago, they broke up the engagement. She contacted me on Facebook messenger on Friday morning, because she misses me and wanted to meet me. I decided to meet her at Applebees on Friday night. I was on the impression that we would be friends. But she held my hand and we later kissed a few times that night. Should I get back together with her?
No. You could probably get some action, seeing her feelings how she is vulnerable from her loss but I would not recommend doing so. She is going to hurt you again, or you might even hurt her; you can't be there for her emotionally and be there to rescue her when she knows how you feel about her. This type of arrangement can go on for years until someone finally has a backbone and when they do it is not going to be pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships