Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 10:33 PM

757 posts, read 1,103,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
This is wrong. NYC has more single men than single women. Single men out number single women here especially when women are young. When women get older past 30s and 40s women become more single. Also men have shorter life span than women as well which contribute to higher rate of single women than men in later ages. Women want to settle down here but when that's all said and done, some women have 2-3 kids from different men, while some others are passed their biological clocks. THen these women ask where did the good, nice decent men go? Flash forward 10 years ago and what where you doing and dating in NYC? A hot goy, bad boy, a guy that lived in an different underprivileged neighborhood and so on. Where did the decent guy go? These guys are chasing young women, or overseas looking for wives or messing around in Thailand.

Where There Are More Single Men Than Women - CityLab
There are more single men because men are animals and they don't look for anything serious, this is their "chuck and ****" phase. I don't know too many guys my age who are looking for anything serious, just casual dating and one night stands. Besides it doesn't matter if I have a plethora of choices out here, i'm more concerned about the quality of choices. But, I guess that's something i'll find out on my own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2015, 10:48 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
There are more single men because men are animals and they don't look for anything serious, this is their "chuck and ****" phase. I don't know too many guys my age who are looking for anything serious, just casual dating and one night stands. Besides it doesn't matter if I have a plethora of choices out here, i'm more concerned about the quality of choices. But, I guess that's something i'll find out on my own.
Your not going to find quality at a young age. Women in NYC don't mature or wise up well past their 30s, but when this happens the damage has been done. If you are looking for quality I suggest to find a homebody immigrant woman from another country. I'm being setup with a hot Ecuadorian woman.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:00 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
This is wrong. NYC has more single men than single women. Single men out number single women here especially when women are young. When women get older past 30s and 40s women become more single. Also men have shorter life span than women as well which contribute to higher rate of single women than men in later ages. Women want to settle down here but when that's all said and done, some women have 2-3 kids from different men, while some others are passed their biological clocks. THen these women ask where did the good, nice decent men go? Flash forward 10 years ago and what where you doing and dating in NYC? A hot goy, bad boy, a guy that lived in an different underprivileged neighborhood and so on. Where did the decent guy go? These guys are chasing young women, or overseas looking for wives or messing around in Thailand.

Where There Are More Single Men Than Women - CityLab
The statistics I found said women in the 20-35 age group outnumber men in NYC. This is widely known; this is why someone was flying "surplus" NYC women out to the Bay Area, which has a dearth of young women.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:02 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
In the late 20's, there would be more women looking to settle down. You can look for women slightly older than you. You don't need to stick to your exact age.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:55 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
Quote:
My girlfriend of 4 years left me about 3 months ago, and I live in the worst city to find love (NYC). I just feel so inadequate and low at the moment. I wanted to marry her one day and start a family, now I have to be alone while she's off enjoying her life. I hate being 25, everyone wants to hook up and have sex and all I want is to have a meaningful relationship with someone who shares the same values as me.

Btw I am talking to a therapist and I see him every week so please spare me the "go see a therapist" talk.

Every time I look out the window and see this city I just feel disgusted at the fact that this is where I come from. I share nothing in common with these people, they're just here screw everything that walks.

I feel so pathetic for messing it up with my previous girlfriend. I shouldn't of been so controlling and paranoid, now I'm saying the ultimate price. I can't stop beating myself up, I can't stop hating myself, I messed up the greatest thing that ever walked into my life. Now I have to settle for the scrap that 20 other guys left out here, it feels so awful.

I can't leave, I don't want to leave my mother alone since she has nobody here. I'm not leaving and I won't leave. However, I feel so miserable, I miss my ex so much. I feel like I'm never going to find anyone better than her, I'm going to be alone forever.

I had to write this somewhere, I'm having a rough day.
I wonder if eHarmony will find you a suitable match. Never is a bit strong of a word in a city so huge like NYC.

I can see how you feel anxious and paranoid, but your insecurities can and will destroy any potential relationships in the future. Granted, people can get insecure from time to time.

I'm kinda in the same boat. I don't share a lot of the values here out in fakeville Orange County. I rarely run into guys who share views as I do. I am happy single.

Maybe you can get into a hobby to find peace with your break-up. Sounds like you could use a bit of downtime for now just to recuperate.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:47 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The statistics I found said women in the 20-35 age group outnumber men in NYC. This is widely known; this is why someone was flying "surplus" NYC women out to the Bay Area, which has a dearth of young women.
This is false. I found numerous info that young single men in NY. Out number young single women, but on the broader scale women in single women out number single men during the increase of age after 35. This is very true from my observation.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:59 AM

757 posts, read 1,103,305 times
Quote:
Your not going to find quality at a young age. Women in NYC don't mature or wise up well past their 30s, but when this happens the damage has been done. If you are looking for quality I suggest to find a homebody immigrant woman from another country. I'm being setup with a hot Ecuadorian woman.
Then there's no quality at ANY age then I'm screwed either day.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:35 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
Quote:
My girlfriend of 4 years left me about 3 months ago, and I live in the worst city to find love (NYC). I just feel so inadequate and low at the moment. I wanted to marry her one day and start a family, now I have to be alone while she's off enjoying her life. I hate being 25, everyone wants to hook up and have sex and all I want is to have a meaningful relationship with someone who shares the same values as me.

Btw I am talking to a therapist and I see him every week so please spare me the "go see a therapist" talk.

Every time I look out the window and see this city I just feel disgusted at the fact that this is where I come from. I share nothing in common with these people, they're just here screw everything that walks.

I feel so pathetic for messing it up with my previous girlfriend. I shouldn't of been so controlling and paranoid, now I'm saying the ultimate price. I can't stop beating myself up, I can't stop hating myself, I messed up the greatest thing that ever walked into my life. Now I have to settle for the scrap that 20 other guys left out here, it feels so awful.

I can't leave, I don't want to leave my mother alone since she has nobody here. I'm not leaving and I won't leave. However, I feel so miserable, I miss my ex so much. I feel like I'm never going to find anyone better than her, I'm going to be alone forever.

I had to write this somewhere, I'm having a rough day.
Do an online search of all the women that are your type in each major city. Whatever comes up with the most results, that's where you should move. Take your mom as most moms want their kids to find love, be happy, and produce grandkids.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:58 AM

788 posts, read 1,271,745 times
Dear OP,

You're not in the worst city to find love. There is no easy place to find love. If it was so easy to find, it might not be so rewarding. I found love in NYC at 25 and many of my friends did too, so it's not hopeless. You're looking to fill an empty void right away, but finding love takes time. Or, at least it probably should, especially if you're still mourning the loss of your ex. I split with my NYC ex years ago and haven't been able to find anyone since, but I'm still hopeful that someone out there exists. It's only been three months, so you can't expect to meet someone and fall in love again right away. So don't rush it. Develop a life for yourself outside your girlfriend. Join some meetups, join some after work athletic groups. Whatever you fancy. NYC is ripe with young people looking to fall in love, not just hook up, so don't give it that generalization. But if you find a group of young people, you will increase your probability of developing a friendship and possible relationship with someone who's not just looking to hookup.

Keep in mind that most girls your age also believe that guys are just looking to hook up. In fact, at 35 (my age), I often find the same thing. Not always, but often. It's frustrating regardless of age or location. If anything, you're in a great location to find someone because of all the young people. Just focus on you and rebuilding your life. Develop new interests or focus on things you did before your gf came along that you enjoyed and gave up. It'll take your mind off her and open you to meeting new people. Don't give up. You're too young for that.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:02 AM

788 posts, read 1,271,745 times
Quote:
Then there's no quality at ANY age then I'm screwed either day.
No, you're not. My friends and I were very quality young women at 25 in NYC. We weren't the women we are today (meaning we weren't established yet), but we were on our way. We all had our goals and were working toward them. At heart, we were all still kind, solid, strong young women and still are. None of us were just looking for a hookup. Broad generalizations aren't true and don't work. Don't listen to that poster. His experience will not necessarily reflect yours. From his posting history, it doesn't sound like he meets the best women anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships