Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 02:29 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Well she appeared to be drifting off so that's whu I thought she asked the question. But looks like a 2nd date for sat and 1st date for mon
Are these dates with two new prospects, or is the gal who friend zoned giving you a second chance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 05:42 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Are these dates with two new prospects, or is the gal who friend zoned giving you a second chance?
No the 2nd date is another girl I met 7 days before the girl on Friday and the Monday date is a new prospect.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:21 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
No the 2nd date is another girl I met 7 days before the girl on Friday and the Monday date is a new prospect.
Why is your libido so cyclical? You'll go for months without talking about women then, all of a sudden you work frantically to rack up dates. Slow and steady wins the race.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:33 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
The reason I would ask is if I wanted to know whether you like me enough to see me again. Which would mean I want to determine your interest level and whether its safe to like you. Its not a heavy question, you either want to see her again or you dont.
Yes, and I say bravura to the women out there with standards and self-esteem, who do not allow a man to endlessly waffle off and on about whether they are "into them" or not. Don't put up with childishness if you're looking for a man who can be mature, open up and communicate with you about what he wants. If he's not sure, then he needs to expect to not be taken seriously by this woman. The ambiguity is just annoying to many women, and leaves them feeling like their emotions are being played with. Not good.

Old 05-30-2015, 06:06 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Yes, and I say bravura to the women out there with standards and self-esteem, who do not allow a man to endlessly waffle off and on about whether they are "into them" or not. Don't put up with childishness if you're looking for a man who can be mature, open up and communicate with you about what he wants. If he's not sure, then he needs to expect to not be taken seriously by this woman. The ambiguity is just annoying to many women, and leaves them feeling like their emotions are being played with. Not good.
The woman in OPs post didn't seem all that full of assurance and self-esteem to ask the question she did.

If she was that "hot to trot" and had such great options lined up out the yin-yang, then OP never gets a shot in the first place and this was just a free dinner for her.

Water sinks to its lowest level. As such, women date what they deserve in most instances.

Old 05-30-2015, 06:45 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Ya know - girls get tired of waiting...so she asked you. You must not have sounded convincing even though you had good reasons, being busy with your mom and all. But I don't blame her for wanting to know. Usually if a guy is REALLY interested he'll give more of an indication, or ask sooner to go out again. Maybe she shouldn't have asked you at all and just let you go? She kinda gave you a "courtesy call". So your timetables didn't match..no biggie.

Old 05-30-2015, 06:53 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
Quote:
I did have a successful date 7 days before I went on my last date which involved dinner and a carnival. So about 4 days after the date she asked me......."hey I have a quick question for you, do you think you want to see me again?

I told her yeah after I get through with my mom's birthday weekend. I started to notice the drop off in communication since that question which was last wednesday. So I am guessing that it was another guy she met and wanted to know where she stood with me and since I didn't answer with a "definitely let's do something on This day" she made have lost interest. She doesnt text me in the morning like she was right after our date. I sent a text asking if saturday is good for to see this weekend. So ladies when you ask this question is that your way of eliminating certain guys?

The only thing I have going for me now is a first date on Monday.
Not necessarily. It may be she is just trying to gauge your interest. I sometimes slow communications because I'm busy with other things, not necessarily another guy.

I always assume that most guys don't want to get texts too frequently, and now I'm realizing they actually seem to need the validation.

But the question is, why didn;t you make specific plans? That is probably what she is looking for. SHe needs to know that you want to see her again, and making another date with her is a good indicator of that (duh)

And even if she is going out with another guy, that does not mean you no longer have a chance or have to quit trying. Persist!

Old 06-23-2015, 09:19 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
The woman in OPs post didn't seem all that full of assurance and self-esteem to ask the question she did.

If she was that "hot to trot" and had such great options lined up out the yin-yang, then OP never gets a shot in the first place and this was just a free dinner for her.

Water sinks to its lowest level. As such, women date what they deserve in most instances.
If she agreed to go out with him, all he needs to worry about is whether he can get her interested in him. Any other guys in the picture are not a factor. She can see other people...they're not going "steady" I seriously doubt he dates one woman at a time. As I said, they are not committed, so no biggie.

All or most women are "hot to trot" with options. They just don't realize it, they let men tell them what they are worth. Unfortunately most of them don't know any better than to auction themselves off cheaply, and that is why the water sinks to its "lowest level" Another reason is that women don't have the emotional strength and discipline to hold out for a non-default guy that won't fling his interest in her face as in, "you are lucky to have me..do you know what it's like for singles out there" (I couldn't care less what it's like for "singles out there" I'm only worried about one single...ME)

Do men worry about competition because they know that, deep down, they have lazy tendencies and don't want to put in the work to maintain a relationship with a woman who is truly worthy of the work they put in?

Old 06-23-2015, 09:29 AM

20,392 posts, read 14,661,936 times
This poster is making a mistake that my ex is making right now, too, as are many dudes who are not really that successful in dating or at least have a hard time with it.

Overthinking and overanalyzing EVERYTHING.

"I texted her at 2:43 PM on Sunday and by Monday at 9:28 AM I had not yet heard back, but 4.3 minutes later she responded and only used words with one vowel apiece. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN???????? Hey! Women!! I don't understand you, plz for explaining the behaviors!"

Stahp it.

People are people, and nothing in human interaction illustrates the sloppy chaos of it like dating/courting/romance. It's a cocktail of chemicals, nature, nurture, communication, maturity, baggage, mental/physical health and so on and so forth. You're never going to write up a set of rules that definitively makes sense of it all. And men aren't as simple as they would love to think they are, either. Ya'll are just as human, and ultimately just as complex.

Until you learn to relax and roll with it, without getting so wrapped up in the details and the results, you're gonna be beating your head on a wall. The best players enjoy the game for its own sake, because it's fun, not because they're gonna fall down dead if they have to be alone.

Old 06-23-2015, 09:41 AM

371 posts, read 543,504 times
Or she has been hurt by guys that acted so lukewarm before as well. I can not even begin to tell you how guarded I am now after being hurt so badly multiple times. I wish guys were more up front and knew more of what they wanted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships