U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 09:22 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 55,199,937 times

Advertisements

I did have a successful date 7 days before I went on my last date which involved dinner and a carnival. So about 4 days after the date she asked me......."hey I have a quick question for you, do you think you want to see me again?

I told her yeah after I get through with my mom's birthday weekend. I started to notice the drop off in communication since that question which was last wednesday. So I am guessing that it was another guy she met and wanted to know where she stood with me and since I didn't answer with a "definitely let's do something on This day" she made have lost interest. She doesnt text me in the morning like she was right after our date. I sent a text asking if saturday is good for to see this weekend. So ladies when you ask this question is that your way of eliminating certain guys?

The only thing I have going for me now is a first date on Monday.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 09:26 PM

734 posts, read 1,593,797 times
I would love to have the answers for you, but not all women behave rationally, and I can think of multiple reasons why she asked that and behaved that way since:

1. Trying to gauge your level of interest but her level of interest waned as a result of finding out that you still want her - weird
2. There's another guy in the picture just like you said
3. Her being flaky
4. Who knows

There is no point guessing, she's not that excited to see you again, then move on. Her loss, not yours.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:27 PM

42,759 posts, read 49,353,419 times
Only players.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
I would love to have the answers for you, but not all women behave rationally, and I can think of multiple reasons why she asked that and behaved that way since:

1. Trying to gauge your level of interest but her level of interest waned as a result of finding out that you still want her - weird
2. There's another guy in the picture just like you said
3. Her being flaky
4. Who knows

There is no point guessing, she's not that excited to see you again, then move on. Her loss, not yours.
She was but instead of just saying YES I was mentioning my mom's birthday weekend and told her once the holiday is over I will be able to let her know what day for sure.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Only players.
Only players what?

Old 05-27-2015, 09:56 PM

10,923 posts, read 10,361,060 times
Birthday weekend? Do you live far from your mom and have to travel?

Old 05-27-2015, 10:07 PM

34,034 posts, read 40,043,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I did have a successful date 7 days before I went on my last date which involved dinner and a carnival. So about 4 days after the date she asked me......."hey I have a quick question for you, do you think you want to see me again?

I told her yeah after I get through with my mom's birthday weekend. I started to notice the drop off in communication since that question which was last wednesday. So I am guessing that it was another guy she met and wanted to know where she stood with me and since I didn't answer with a "definitely let's do something on This day" she made have lost interest. She doesnt text me in the morning like she was right after our date. I sent a text asking if saturday is good for to see this weekend. So ladies when you ask this question is that your way of eliminating certain guys?

The only thing I have going for me now is a first date on Monday.
If you wanted to see her again, you should have emailed or texted her THAT NIGHT and told her that. Why would you not have done that??

Old 05-27-2015, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Birthday weekend? Do you live far from your mom and have to travel?
I was treating her to dinner and wasn't sure how much i would be left so i just wanted to get past the weekend first.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:22 PM

83 posts, read 70,111 times
"I did have a successful date 7 days before I went on my last date which involved dinner and a carnival. So about 4 days after the date she asked me......."hey I have a quick question for you, do you think you want to see me again?
I told her yeah after I get through with my mom's birthday weekend."

Uh, a successful date includes someone saying we need to get together again soon and be serious about it. It doesn't sound like you really liked this girl very much. Why did she have to ask you about meeting again days later? Most women prefer the man to take the initiative. That is, to woo her. Why are women waiting for you to make a move?

We want a guy who we had a great date with to want to see us again ASAP and ask us right away or soon (48hrs.at the latest) after to see us. And you have to be sincere, not just happy some hot chick is giving you attention, you really have to have a connection. If you are not sure, that's fine, but if you have a great date you have to jump right on it. It doesn't happen often and usually the woman is the one waiting to see how enthusiastic the guy is. You have to learn how to court a woman and be specific about what you want and not just go for the ones who seem to like you. You go for the ones you like and feel a real connection with and then build on that and woo her.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:32 AM

3,852 posts, read 3,703,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
So ladies when you ask this question is that your way of eliminating certain guys?
If I am reading this correctly, you had a decent first date and then spent the next 4 days texting with no mention of a 2nd date. It seems to me "do you want to see me again?" means exactly that. She was probably puzzled as to why the two of you were texting back and forth with no signs of getting together again, so she cut to the chase and then got this vague response from you. Her texting dropped off because of your lack of initiative in setting a second date, followed by your lukewarm response when she asked about it.

Is this really so mystifying? Of course she doesn't want to waste time on someone who doesn't demonstrate clear interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships