Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 02:55 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,806,955 times

Advertisements

So went out to lunch with a close colleague of mine, she's doing the OLD thing as well as I am. Anyway she started telling me that she's been seeing somebody, and recently they decided to be exclusive, and both of them have hidden their online profiles. She proceeded to tell me that she had logged on to her profile this past weekend to stop her auto-renewal and had noticed that he had been on in the past 24 hours, not sure how she can see this since he's hidden, but she said since they've communicated before she's able to see his online activity. I told her he might have been doing the same thing she was so I didn't think it was that big of a deal, however then she told me she went on the next day and he was on again, and then once more during the week.

I told her personally, I think if it's that frequent then it's not a good sign, however on the other hand, I'm under the impression there's not much you can do on there when your profile is hidden (other than search) and she confirmed to me that indeed it was still hidden. Also, he might be going on to see her activity (I'm assuming if she can see his online activity, then he can see hers).

As most of you know, I have "stalked" a dating candidate's profile before, but in those instances they were not hidden, and we did not discuss exclusivity, and I believe if we did and hid our profiles, that would be good enough for me. I think at some point you have to stop checking up on your partner and just trust them, but then again it is the beginning stages and if you see a red flag you probably shouldn't ignore it.

Anyway the both of us were going back and forth about it, and just wanted to throw it out there and get some people's opinions. Does she leave it alone? Talk to him about it? Keep monitoring what he's doing on there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 02:59 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,487,358 times
He might be telling other dates or people he is with bye. Also she logged on to see this, so her activity would show the same status no? Anyways if she is ALREADY snooping and untrusting, why is she getting into this relationship? I feel sorry for the guy honestly.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
He might be telling other dates or people he is with bye. Also she logged on to see this, so her activity would show the same status no? Anyways if she is ALREADY snooping and untrusting, why is she getting into this relationship? I feel sorry for the guy honestly.
I don't know, do people really do this? Telling a virtual stranger you haven't met in person yet, "bye"...but yes her activity would show the same status. I think she only started to be not so trusting when saw him log on the first time, it wasn't like she logged on to look at his activity, she logged on to cancel her renewal, and spotted something that raised an eyebrow.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:05 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,487,358 times
Tell her to just let it go, or move along. If she has trust issues now, God help her six months from now, when he moves in, etc.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:27 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
I've never done OLD - but if I'm at the point where I'm exclusive with someone, I'm at the point where I would just ask them point blank about this.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:33 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,150,099 times
It's been a few years since I was on OLD, but at least on Match, I don't think you can see anything current if the profile is hidden. She's probably seeing old info. Also people here have attested to that info being inaccurate anyway.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:15 PM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times
My bf didn't delete his profile for several weeks after we were together. Turns out he couldn't figure out how to delete it and was on it a few times to try it. Then he thought he did delete it but got more suggestions through the site and signed on AGAIN.

You guys really need to quit the snooping. If he loses interest, you'll know soon enough.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:16 PM

881 posts, read 2,252,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
It's been a few years since I was on OLD, but at least on Match, I don't think you can see anything current if the profile is hidden. She's probably seeing old info. Also people here have attested to that info being inaccurate anyway.
Match has a glitch where you can see on the mobile website the last time they logged in even if the profile is hidden.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsualum2004 View Post
Match has a glitch where you can see on the mobile website the last time they logged in even if the profile is hidden.
Yes I've heard this before

Old 05-28-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
My bf didn't delete his profile for several weeks after we were together. Turns out he couldn't figure out how to delete it and was on it a few times to try it. Then he thought he did delete it but got more suggestions through the site and signed on AGAIN.

You guys really need to quit the snooping. If he loses interest, you'll know soon enough.
Well I thought that's what it might be, but she said he's been on the site quite a while and has had relationships with women he's met off there before, so I'd assume he knows how to navigate the site pretty well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships