Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 11:31 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,416 times

Advertisements

Yes they are. For example playas. It does not take more than a small drop of love toward another human being, not even romantic, to see that is something what not to do for another human being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 02:03 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
You have a hard time trusting other people because you, yourself, are not trustworthy. You spent a lifetime lying to women. The problem is entirely your own fault.
This right here!!!!

You watch people who talk about others for what they do are the first to be nervous of what they do.

This guy is older now and realizes now that he is a selfish person. Now he is alone and is trying to fix things by being with his Grandson. What a cop out!

All of us should put on the breaks today and ask ourselves if we will be ok with the outcome of what we are doing with our lives when we get old.

Old 06-01-2015, 11:18 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,091 times
Studies I've read indicate the average person only falls truly and madly in love once in their lifetime. Yes, we can love others throughout our lives, but the type of love where you give every piece of your most inner self to someone. After that, it's all downhill. Some people never even get that once chance. It usually ends in hurt anyhow. If I had to do it over again, I might choose your path. Not that I envy it, but it sure would have been less painful and messy.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:58 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
This right here!!!!

You watch people who talk about others for what they do are the first to be nervous of what they do.

This guy is older now and realizes now that he is a selfish person. Now he is alone and is trying to fix things by being with his Grandson. What a cop out!

All of us should put on the breaks today and ask ourselves if we will be ok with the outcome of what we are doing with our lives when we get old.
I really wish people would stop bringing out this what happens when you get old. Because not everyone will last that long. Everytime I hear that expression I think about this kid I knew in high school who was killed about a month after we graduated. So I wish would stop using this expression because it is somewhat disrespectful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
That's not quite fair. Many people may be like that but not all of us. I also have never been in love that I can think of but I'm not a people-user, a gold-digger, or a narcissist. The only thing I've ever in my life wanted is love and have gone after it with a vengeance but it's just not happening. I did meet a man last year that I thought might have the potential to be the love of my life but he wasn't as interested as I was and to tell you the truth, I think that given a couple of more months that would have fallen apart too. Seems like the magic number is 3 mo and it's such a horrible feeling to watch my feelings fade away at that point. I'd even welcome getting my heart broken if it would prove to me that I could love a man.

FWIW, I adore my children and score very high on any test of empathy. My girls tease me because I cry so easily. I am by far and away the most emotional person in my family and my folks would always get very uncomfortable when I showed mine and they were pretty blocked so I sometimes wonder if that had anything to do with it.
You're dead right but some people will never get this.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:23 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
I'm not sure if it's that some people "unable" to feel love, but more like they are unable to let themselves feel love. It means letting down your guard, allowing yourself to be vulnerable, and trusting another person with your heart. It's terrifying, and not something that comes easily or intuitively to everyone.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:50 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I really wish people would stop bringing out this what happens when you get old. Because not everyone will last that long. Everytime I hear that expression I think about this kid I knew in high school who was killed about a month after we graduated. So I wish would stop using this expression because it is somewhat disrespectful.

You're dead right but some people will never get this.
Shhhhhwewwww!!!! Right over your head and missing the point.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:02 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,709 times
Never been in love? Poor guy! That's like not being able to get it up.

Old 06-06-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Shhhhhwewwww!!!! Right over your head and missing the point.
No, I got your point but you could've made it without the old, "But happens when you get older" argument is old and worn out. Especially since not everyone lives to old age.

Old 06-06-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Never been in love? Poor guy! That's like not being able to get it up.
There are worst things.

Old 06-06-2015, 11:51 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
With as ugly as I am, I wished I couldn't feel love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships