Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you guys still be upset in that situation?
Yes, I'll still be upset 9 18.37%
Nope, I'll let that one slide...it's exceptional 38 77.55%
Other 2 4.08%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 01:42 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times

Advertisements

It is not unusual for a woman to turn quite angry and even violent during hard labor. Imagine the things you might say or do if you were trying to pass an 8 pound cannon ball through your pelvis without anesthesia.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:55 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post

Really I think folks need spend a day at trauma center, birthing center, hospice, EMT and see how some behave during pain, fear etc....
Exactly, those who believe people don't lash out when they are in extreme pain, injured, etc. are dead wrong. They can be pretty much on the same level of an injured fearful animal.

Now, slap...he ll. Its my opinion that the father be made to wear a virtual labor device that simulates every contraction and pain his lady is feeling throughout labor and delivery. I'm sure then he would be glad for just a slap.

Old 06-01-2015, 02:34 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,658 times
I had an unmedicated birth. It was extremely painful. I not only screamed to the top of my lungs the entire time, I also cursed every second, and actually swung on the mid wife by accident when she tried to adjust my leg in addition to the fact that I recall blacking out for like ten seconds. I really did not intend swing on my midwife but the pain was out of this world. My midwife brushed it off and said she's experienced worse, but my husband still makes jokes about it. I did also apologize to her about it. But yes her husband needs to get over it. If he couldn't I'm not sure I would be interested in even dealing with him any further.

Old 06-01-2015, 03:23 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Yes nobody should hit anyone, I think all clear thinking people would agree but was this domestic violence? I think not!

Really I think folks need spend a day at trauma center, birthing center, hospice, EMT and see how some behave during pain, fear etc....
If slapping your spouse in the face isn't domestic violence, I don't know what is. Men have spent the night in jail for less.

Would we be sitting around making excuses for a man if he slapped his wife while he was in pain, in fear, his hormones were out of whack, etc.? No, we wouldn't. But here, we're even making excuses for the excuses ("it's not 'really' domestic violence...") since a woman did it. A meta-excuse if you will.

If you want equality for women, you have to accept the responsibilities that go with it. Stop making excuses for women that we'd never accept if men made them.

Old 06-01-2015, 03:57 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
If slapping your spouse in the face isn't domestic violence, I don't know what is. Men have spent the night in jail for less.

Would we be sitting around making excuses for a man if he slapped his wife while he was in pain, in fear, his hormones were out of whack, etc.? No, we wouldn't. But here, we're even making excuses for the excuses ("it's not 'really' domestic violence...") since a woman did it. A meta-excuse if you will.

If you want equality for women, you have to accept the responsibilities that go with it. Stop making excuses for women that we'd never accept if men made them.
Another one who needs to spend time in a trauma center. ^^^

And yes, actually, a number of women here said they would forgive a spouse who lashed out while in extreme pain. Most of the time the person isn't even aware they're doing it.

When men can have babies, we'll talk about equality in the delivery room. Anything else is just whining on men's part.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:05 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:

If my husband was out of his mind with pain and we were in the hospital - I would totally understand if he hit me and would forgive him. My husband has never hit me and would never hit me in his right mind. If he hit me - it would be because of something out of his control. I would not consider that domestic violence.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:16 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
I think everyone understands the affects pain can have on a perons psyche, But saying people do not have he right to feel upset is silly.

People are going to feel how they are going to feel.

If you feel that upset after something like that has happened to you that you just can't drop it from your mind...just talk to your spouse.
you can't control how you feel, but you can come to an understanding and furthermore the justification and rationalization by simply saying what and why it bothered you.

...unless you have a completely irrational partner that is.

People making this about gender crap are ridiculous...

The issue is your partner feels how they feel, and even "if" you feel it's ridiculous...that isn't a reason to ignore how it affected them.

Last edited by rego00123; 06-01-2015 at 04:29 PM..

Old 06-01-2015, 04:28 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
I think everyone understands the affects pain can have on a perons psyche, But saying people do not have he right to feel upset is silly.

People are going to feel how they are going to feel.

If you feel that upset after something like that has happened to you that you just can't drop it from your mind...just talk to your spouse.
you can't control how you feel, but you can come to an understanding and furthermore the justification and rationalization by simply saying what and why it bothered you.

...unless you have a completely irrational partner that is.
People feel what they feel, true. But a) it's insanely insecure and egomaniacal to assume that someone who is basically having part of her insides torn out actually means to slap anyone, much less the man she loves, and b) it's juvenile to pout about it days, weeks, months, after the fact.

I stand by what I said in my first post on this thread: A secure man is going to laugh it off and it would be a running joke for the rest of their lives.

Some of the guys on this thread, indeed this forum (not you), really need to get some perspective. Their sense of self-importance is ridiculous. Do they really think a woman in labor gives a flying fart in a windstorm about hurting their feelings? Good gawd, the neediness and egocentricity of it all is astounding. A woman's labor pains aren't even hers to suffer. They need to inject themselves into it and make it all about them. Unreal.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:09 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,136 times
Quote:

I disagree in the case being discussed here!... Years ago while dating my hubby we were in the kitchen with family all around and hubby open my folks fridge door I took a step in front of him as he was reaching out to shut the door and I got his hand in my face, was that abuse?? In your book yes, in ours nope! He felt awful, so yeah things happen... Your the one having problems with what is what...From all indications the man who posted this story about his wife doesn't mention past abusive behavior on her part!

Last edited by WildCard~; 06-01-2015 at 05:55 PM..

Old 06-01-2015, 05:34 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,203 times
I see the go-girl posse is in full-effect here.

There's no excuse for intentionally striking another person under this circumstance. Many strong women have shown great restraint during childbirth and to make such ridiculous excusable excuses to lash out is beyond ridiculous. "Tie him up to electrodes or shove a cattle prod in him, etc ......"

SORRY I was out of character! said the drunk bf when he delivered a knock blow to his girlfriends head for accidentally spilling hot coffee on his lap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships