Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you guys still be upset in that situation?
Yes, I'll still be upset 9 18.37%
Nope, I'll let that one slide...it's exceptional 38 77.55%
Other 2 4.08%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 08:22 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,438,862 times

Advertisements

Oh for pete's sake, this thread is ridiculous. If the original question is even real, there is clearly more to the story which we will never, ever know, and people here are turning it into a needless gender bashing party and an argument about domestic violence.

NO ONE knows how they are going to react in labor until they are actually in labor! If dad doesn't want to be there, he shouldn't have to be there. If dad can't be supportive, he shouldn't be there. If mom needs something to punch during labor, give her a pillow.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:42 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post

Not just in "my" book, but by legal definition. Yes, you were victim of domestic violence whether you want to admit it or not. If you had chosen to press charges against your husband, guess what -- he would have been hauled away in handcuffs. If the two of you were able to work it out between yourselves instead, fine, that's your business. But don't deny what it was just because admitting would make you feel uncomfortable.

LMAO~ Your so over the top it's scary, really! Going on 34 years here he never hit, nor have I hit him..Plus we had witnesses like my dad who would've put him into a coma if he had hit me, what took place was an accident! So please already....

Wait there was this one time when I was babysitting as a teenager and while trying to change a diaper and doing badly at that I was kicked in the nose, in fact broke it, blood everywhere ..I guess I should've filled charges against the little guy....Plus no apologies, I should've had him locked up no bottle for him... Yet in your would accident don't happen..Right??? .

Last edited by WildCard~; 06-01-2015 at 09:05 PM..

Old 06-01-2015, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
What some of you women are doing is making a good case that women are indeed weak and can't tollerate pain. Give more credit to women rather than excuses.

Please... I had four without any pain meds, I didn't swear ,punched or screamed .... I witnessed grown men who've whined and threw stuff , cussed up a storm while waiting or I should say demanding the doctor attention now, instead of waiting their turn .....So please already... Pain is pain!

Old 06-01-2015, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
An actual accident is NOT domestic violence by any legal definition. He didn't take a swing at her, it was an accident!

Thank you very much, trust me if it wasn't accident my dad would have killed him on the spot!..

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
LMAO~ Your so over the top it's scary, really! Going on 34 years here he never hit, nor have I hit him..Plus we had witnesses like my dad who would've put him into a coma if he had hit me, what took place was an accident! So please already....

Wait there was this one time when I was babysitting as a teenager and while trying to change a diaper and doing badly at that I was kicked in the nose, in fact broke it, blood everywhere ..I guess I should've filled charges against the little guy....Plus no apologies from the little guy, should've had him locked up no bottle for him... Yet in your would accident don't happen..Right??? .
You made it sound like he did hit you. If he didn't, then why did you equate what he did with a woman whom, if the description here is accurate, quite deliberately hit her husband?

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
IDK, maybe I'm off track here, but I always thought that the important thing in giving birth is to keep both the mom and the baby safe. It's freaky the kinds of complications I've heard about. You want both to come through alive, and you want both to come through it healthy. Maybe everyone playing a supporting role should focus on that. I'm not saying that getting smacked in the middle of it while trying to help wouldn't be a shock. But I'd try to stay focused on the job at hand. And then maybe after everyone's back home, and recovered, and has slept and eaten, and feels human again, and the baby's stable and all, then the stories can come out, the experience can be discussed, laughs can be had, apologies given, along with congratulations, let's not forget that.
This is way too sensible for C-D!

Old 06-01-2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia View Post
I would have been very annoyed by this...

I don't care what a woman is doing. NEITHER GENDER has a right to put their hands on each other PERIOD!

If having a baby is too much for a woman, there's a simple solution, don't have one!

If you as a man, feel that your woman is prone to hit you in the delivery room, then don't give her a baby!

Either way, they are both wrong, barring this incident, if it would have happened to me at any other moment, she would have been going away in handcuffs. This kind of behavior continues because MEN ALLOW IT.

I don't say this lightly..Seek counseling!

Old 06-01-2015, 08:57 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
You made it sound like he did hit you. If he didn't, then why did you equate what he did with a woman whom, if the description here is accurate, quite deliberately hit her husband?
Because the whole point is that she probably didn't deliberately hit him. She probably had no idea what she was doing.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:00 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Because the whole point is that she probably didn't deliberately hit him. She probably had no idea what she was doing.
If she reached out, swung at his face, and smacked it, then she deliberately hit him. Unless she was trying to swat away a fly or something.

Why wouldn't she know what she was doing? The excuses I've heard so far -- she was in pain, she was scared, her hormones were in overdrive, etc. -- would never be acceptable excuses if a man hit his wife/girlfriend/kids/whatever. We're expected to rise above our primal instincts and reactions to control ourselves. There's no reason not to expect the same from women.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:03 PM

Quote:
She said nothing about it being an accident. And the incident as described in the OP, if described accurately, was certainly no accident either.

Well a typo on my part..I guess I should've added that it was accident, bad on my part to assume intelligent people would not realize that from what I describe....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships