Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you guys still be upset in that situation?
Yes, I'll still be upset 9 18.37%
Nope, I'll let that one slide...it's exceptional 38 77.55%
Other 2 4.08%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 09:03 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Why wouldn't she know what she was doing? The excuses I've heard so far -- she was in pain, she was scared, her hormones were in overdrive, etc. -- would never be acceptable excuses if a man hit his wife/girlfriend/kids/whatever. We're expected to rise above our primal instincts and reactions to control ourselves. There's no reason not to expect the same from women.
These aren't excuses. This is childbirth we are talking about. Men don't give birth. But if my husband had been in excruciating pain for hours and he lashed out at me - I wouldn't hold it against him. I might not like it but I would know that he wasn't in his right mind. We aren't talking about a cycle of abuse. We are talking about extreme circumstances and not being in your right mind. Do people on here really not understand even the simplest things about labor?

Old 06-01-2015, 09:05 PM

336 posts, read 442,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
I don't say this lightly..Seek counseling!
I suggest u take your own advice if you think its ok for women to hit men.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:07 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Well a typo on my part..I guess I should've added that it was accident, bad on my part to assume intelligent people would not realize that from what I describe....
Since you equated what he did with a deliberate act, there was no reason why even an intelligent person wouldn't also conclude that his act was deliberate. Your lack of clarity is not a reflection on my intelligence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
These aren't excuses. This is childbirth we are talking about...
LOL. "These aren't excuses" -- followed promptly by an excuse.

People claim not to be in their right mind all the time when committing impulsive acts. That doesn't excuse them. If your husband smacks you in a moment of great stress and you can come to grips with that, that's between you two -- I'm not saying you're wrong for doing so. It's still assault and it's still domestic violence, "cycle" thereof or not.

"Gee, since it's not a CYCLE...." See the excuses still flowing here?

Old 06-01-2015, 09:09 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
Quote:
You made it sound like he did hit you. If he didn't, then why did you equate what he did with a woman whom, if the description here is accurate, quite deliberately hit her husband?
Well a typo on my part..I guess I should've added that it was accident, bad on my part to assume intelligent people would not realize that from what I describe....

My point accidents happen...

Old 06-01-2015, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Because the whole point is that she probably didn't deliberately hit him. She probably had no idea what she was doing.

BINGO~~~

Old 06-01-2015, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Since you equated what he did with a deliberate act, there was no reason why even an intelligent person wouldn't also conclude that his act was deliberate. Your lack of clarity is not a reflection on my intelligence.

It was not deliberate, I step in-front of on coming object , his hand .....ACCIDENT!

What I said below...

Quote:
I disagree in the case being discussed here!... Years ago while dating my hubby we were in the kitchen with family all around and hubby open my folks fridge door I took a step in front of him as he was reaching out to shut the door and I got his hand in my face, was that abuse?? In your book yes, in ours nope! He felt awful, so yeah things happen... Your the one having problems with what is what...From all indications the man who posted this story about his wife doesn't mention past abusive behavior on her part!

Old 06-01-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia View Post
Quote:

LOL. "These aren't excuses" -- followed promptly by an excuse.

People claim not to be in their right mind all the time when committing impulsive acts. That doesn't excuse them. If your husband smacks you in a moment of great stress and you can come to grips with that, that's between you two -- I'm not saying you're wrong for doing so. It's still assault and it's still domestic violence, "cycle" thereof or not.

"Gee, since it's not a CYCLE...." See the excuses still flowing here?
Do you guys really not understand what childbirth is like? I mean, I can understand not knowing the specifics - but it seems as you guys think it's the same as an argument or drinking too much.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia View Post
Please share one post where I made that statement???? NOT!

Old 06-01-2015, 09:21 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Do you guys really not understand what childbirth is like? I mean, I can understand not knowing the specifics - but it seems as you guys think it's the same as an argument or drinking too much.
I know that since this thread started, countless women gave birth to countless children without assaulting anyone within reach. Stop making excuses for the one who couldn't.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:22 PM

Quote:
I know that since this thread started, countless women gave birth to countless children without assaulting anyone within reach. Stop making excuses for the one who couldn't.
Good grief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships