Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you guys still be upset in that situation?
Yes, I'll still be upset 9 18.37%
Nope, I'll let that one slide...it's exceptional 38 77.55%
Other 2 4.08%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 01:57 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times

Advertisements

My sister husband who a big guy 6'4 passed out when the doc handed him the scissor to cut the cord..My sister never blamed him for skipping out ~ LOL ...

Old 05-31-2015, 02:03 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,628,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
What an absolute child. Really. A grown man with half an ounce of humor would be laughing his arse off in anticipation of when the kid is old enough to understand the story.

"Oh, your mother shared some of the pain of childbirth with me, Junior. She slapped the taste out of my mouth right before she pushed you out."

Good grief, that would be a running joke in any normal family for the rest of their lives. Heck, next time around, he should wear a sparring helmet!
No, a man would feel embarrassed when his woman or fiancee slaps him in the public, especially if the context involves hysterical behavior. I think the issue with you is that you think it's okay when a man is getting hit by someone else, be it another man or woman. Society taught you that the issue arises only when a man hits a woman, because that's when you put yourself in that situation. Correct term - lack of empathy.

By the way, this concept of:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
Any man who has an issue with a woman IN HORRIBLE PAIN acting out this way is a complete and utter moron and waste of space.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

She is giving birth to YOUR child going through absolute hell having her body destroyed.

You sit there and you SHUT UP.

.. is the most outrageous example of fabrication of customs. I.e. a few decades ago, judges were instructed to deem a man as an unfit or "disinterested" father during custody battle if he didn't spend the (whole) time during a woman's childbirth by sitting in hospital and waiting through the whole process of childbirth. Then the media imposed this picture on general audience. This type of legal practice and "public morality" reminds me of The Stranger (Meursault).
I mean, the legal process over custody will often involve the fact that a man wasn't in the hospital and waiting during childbirth. I've heard that giving paternity leave and a father not using it is also being used for that same purpose. Stupidity knows no limits indeed and they equalize working men and men who opt to do something of a substance by lumping them together with irresponsible fathers. It's being done deliberately.
A man doesn't need to act as if he's giving birth himself, because he doesn't. World shouldn't stop for him through the time a woman is giving birth. He could be using that time to do something else, solving what's needed for the after-math of childbirth, etc. This whole stuff of "invested fathers acting like idiots" is not hilarious but revolting.

Old 05-31-2015, 02:22 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,283 times
lol.. I made my husband to be aware and clear that I WILL HURT HIM just as much as his sperm popping out of me is hurting me And he is fine with it.

Old 05-31-2015, 04:56 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
He shouldn't have been in the room in the first place. Men should never be present in the delivery room. It does terrible things to a couple's love life. That should always be between the woman and her mid-wife or doctors. Hollywood, as usual, has no clue about the delivery process or anything else based in reality.

Old 05-31-2015, 05:33 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
I would be a little upset as well. Not to the point of holding a grudge over it, but upset never the less.

Birth or not, resorting to smacking someone in the face in front of others is pretty tactless

My wife never had her state of being so altered during birth that she would have even gone there

If she did she isn't the type to forget doing it. She would have apologized for acting out regardless of why it happened.
I agree with this post. I'd be furious about being slapped but I'd let it go provided said wife at least apologized.

Old 05-31-2015, 05:38 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
When it's time to push, your aggression kicks way up. Labor is exhausting and painful, and your body needs a surge of strength and energy to keep going. I didn't slap anyone, but I kicked my doctor during the episiotomy. It was my first birth, he was not very sympathetic, and I felt frightenened and out of control of the situation. The realization that your body is delivering a baby by itself, regardless of how you feel about it, can be alarming. After the pushing was done, I closed my eyes and told my husband we were never having sex again.

Yeah, don't hit. I think I think would let this go, though, if she is apologetic. There's certainly nothing for him to be embarrassed about. Anything that happened to him is dwarfed by what happened to her, and the doctors and nurses have seen it all before.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:13 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,200,161 times
He has no right to be angry. His wife produced his child so he ought to be VERY grateful to her!

Old 05-31-2015, 10:51 AM

All I know is when I was going through labor all four times during my 20's I didn't want anyone touching me, including my hubby and I love him dearly ,were going on 34 years, everything hurts..In-fact I didn't want anyone around me, I'm like that when I'm really sick, please just let me be by myself....

Old 05-31-2015, 10:57 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
All I know is when I was going through labor all four times during my 20's I didn't want anyone touching me, including my hubby and I love him dearly ,were going on 34 years, everything hurts..In-fact I didn't want anyone around me, I'm like that when I'm really sick, please just let me be by myself....
Haha! We went through Lamaze classes and learned all about the meditative state and soothing touches, so he was gently brushing my hair, which I normally love. I was SO irritable and snapped at him to stop touching me. I am like that too when I am sick. I want to be alone and not move.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
When it's time to push, your aggression kicks way up. Labor is exhausting and painful, and your body needs a surge of strength and energy to keep going. I didn't slap anyone, but I kicked my doctor during the episiotomy. It was my first birth, he was not very sympathetic, and I felt frightenened and out of control of the situation. The realization that your body is delivering a baby by itself, regardless of how you feel about it, can be alarming. After the pushing was done, I closed my eyes and told my husband we were never having sex again.

Yeah, don't hit. I think I think would let this go, though, if she is apologetic. There's certainly nothing for him to be embarrassed about. Anything that happened to him is dwarfed by what happened to her, and the doctors and nurses have seen it all before.

Same here I didn't hit but I didn't want anyone rubbing my back holding my hand, ever part me hurt I could not escape the pain... There also comes a point while pushing where you kinda give up and go with the pain, it's kinda of a peaceful feeling and fear, etc seemly leaves you, that's when you really need folks to coach you back into life and push, because your spent and ready to just stop and die already!...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships