Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 02:47 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
OP, if you plan to contact him you need to first get honest with yourself. You say you want to find out how he is, with no hopes for reconciliation, but then you say you would like him to visit you if you are single. If you can't even be honest with yourself or all of us strangers about your real motivation in contacting him, then it's not a good idea.
Yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 04:48 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
Its been 7 months since the last time we spoke

I am just not sure if I should just let the urge pass?What could go wrong if I contact him?
You absolutely should "let the urge pass". He has a significant other now, you should respect him enough to leave him alone, and not try to cause problems for him.
A LOT of women aren't comfortable with another woman texting their mate.....surely you know that.
I can't figure why you'd want to especially when you say "I am not looking to get back together", and "I'm not sure it's a good idea because it might bring back the old feeling"...
Find someone else to text...and leave him alone.

Old 05-31-2015, 07:02 PM

576 posts, read 824,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
You absolutely should "let the urge pass". He has a significant other now, you should respect him enough to leave him alone, and not try to cause problems for him.
A LOT of women aren't comfortable with another woman texting their mate.....surely you know that.
I can't figure why you'd want to especially when you say "I am not looking to get back together", and "I'm not sure it's a good idea because it might bring back the old feeling"...
Find someone else to text...and leave him alone.
Well i don't know if they are still together.At that time he said he met someone else and he had just started seeing her. I don't know if they worked out or not.I changed my number for unrelated reasons.He doesn't have my new # and he also deleted his face book account

Old 05-31-2015, 10:18 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
Maybe he deleted his facebook for good reasons...like he doesn't need unwanted contact!

Old 05-31-2015, 10:19 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
No you shouldn't. Keep moving forward, not backwards.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:22 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Its been 7 months since the last time we spoke.We were on and off for few years because the distance was a huge factor since neither of us was ready to move. We live 4 hours apart and it was too much not being able to see each other whenever we wanted.

He ended up meeting someone new and he said he liked her allot.I felt jealous and hurt but I understood that he needs someone closer to him .I decided to cut off contact so I can move on.However,I haven’t really dated anyone since.I had a crush on someone at work and I thought we had a potential but then I found out he has a live in girlfriend. Now I lost hope and I know nothing will come out it.

My ex has been on my mind lately and I am contemplating texting him just to see how he is.I am not looking to get back together since the root cause of the breakup, distance, hasn’t been resolved .I am not sure if its good idea because it might bring back the old feelings and I was jealous when he told me he met someone new.Now I have came to accept it but I am not sure if I would jealous if they still together and going strong.I would like him to come visit me if he is single

I am just not sure if I should just let the urge pass?What could go wrong if I contact him?

Sure go ahead and contact him if that is what you want to do but what is the point?
As you said nothing has been resolved and he had already met someone else.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:56 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
Sometimes it takes awhile to find someone new. Just be patient and remain open to meeting new people. Don't contact your ex.

Accept that this phase in life is completely normal and focus on being happy and content in the here and now. You can't lose with this attitude. You'll be fine either way.

Old 06-01-2015, 10:43 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,060 times
Quote:
My ex has been on my mind lately and I am contemplating texting him just to see how he is.I am not looking to get back together since the root cause of the breakup, distance, hasn’t been resolved .I am not sure if its good idea because it might bring back the old feelings and I was jealous when he told me he met someone new.Now I have came to accept it but I am not sure if I would jealous if they still together and going strong.I would like him to come visit me if he is single

If you do not want to get back together, why do you want to contact him? And why do you need him to visit you?

I think I know why, you aren't dating anybody at the moment so you need an ego boost, so you figure contact him, see him and feel good about yourself again. I think you should let the urge pass, nowhere in your post do you mention still have feelings for him, looks to me like you're just feeling lonely and nostalgic at the moment. It will pass, you will meet someone and your ex will become a distant memory.

Old 06-01-2015, 02:09 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,983,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I am of the opinion that you should do what your heart desires. You would not have regret in life and 10 years later, still wonder "what if."

Should've, would've, and could've.

Life is short. Don't waste time wondering.
^^^this^^^

I understand the other points of view already given however "lifeexplorer" best represents what I currently think is the right course of action. If you want to make contact, do it. Do not hesitate.

Old 06-01-2015, 02:17 PM

227 posts, read 195,206 times
Why do you want to contact him? Be honest with yourself. Is it because you truly want to know how he's doing, concern about his general welfare, etc? Or is it because somewhere deep down inside, you're hoping he's moved on from this girlfriend? Would you still want to contact him if you were happily dating someone else?

Answer those questions honestly, and I think you'll have your answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships