Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 09:33 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Yeah, I know - I wasn't speaking to you personally? I'm one of the people who can't find it (lol) but I enjoy dating and meeting women; and sooner or later - well? Maybe
Very true you never know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 08:50 PM

11,143 posts, read 7,907,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Very true you never know.
Isn't this how it's supposed to work anyway?

Old 08-14-2015, 09:24 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,901,018 times
Romance is a façade and an illusion.

Romantic love is a form of mental illness and as a result, it distorts reality. That is the purpose of it, since it would be impossible to actually love another person romantically, blindly and unconditionally that you were actually able to see for who they really were. Hence the neuro-chemicals when 'in love' distorting reality and/or having the same effect as a drug that distorts reality.

A façade and an illusion, that due to early biology and evolutionary reasons, draws two people together long enough to fall in love, experience infatuation and lust so that mating can occur and the species continues on. At that point, once a dependent human (child) is born and both parties involved in the cosmic joke played on them by their own bodies and desires are no longer capable of maintaining the façade and illusion, traditionally would stay together for the sake of the new entity (child) that they created and primary for the sake of the child's survival.

However, due to advancements in technology and civilization, mere survival in terms of securing shelter, food and other resources as in primitive times has changed and both mating parties that create new life can sustain their own lives and that of the child without actually being together. So the long term needs for both the male and female to stay together for a sustained period of time for the sake of the dependent child are now obsolete.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:41 PM

4 posts, read 3,415 times
There's a feeling I've felt which I associate with the word romance or love. However, I don't know how to differentiate it from everyday feelings of lust or friendship. I guess that when you find someone sexually attractive and fun to hang out with you call that being "in love." Blah.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:12 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,901,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunctioningAlcoholic View Post
I guess that when you find someone sexually attractive and fun to hang out with you call that being "in love." Blah.
The feeling of being 'in love' can also be addicting and in terms of neuro chemicals and endorphins, it mimics the physiological effects of some drugs.

From my own experience, clitoral cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Old 08-15-2015, 02:00 AM

48,445 posts, read 34,627,532 times
Pupplys. Romance is not dead.

The man who walks on the road side, proffers his jacket, against the cold, holds your hand to cross the gutter, he pulls your fingeres forward so he can animate them with his breath...
If your not getting something like that then your loss
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-15-2015, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Isn't this how it's supposed to work anyway?
It is and life is ever changing.

Old 08-15-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It is and life is ever changing.

Mom... Is that you?

Old 08-15-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Mom... Is that you?
Yes it is and where are my grandbabbies?

Old 08-15-2015, 08:51 PM

I thought I'd wait til you were old enough to be a grandma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships