Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 09:05 AM

720 posts, read 500,821 times

Advertisements

Sounds like you're being taken for a ride. You barely know this chick and she wants you move in, pay half the rent, and you get to hook up with other girls (and even though she might feel a little jealous she'll be cool) and you can continue to hook up with her too? And the only drawback is she'll be dating other dudes?

She sounds a little nuts. But she's 21 so that's understandable to some extent.

You didn't say how old you are...

Most girls, even young ones who just want to have fun, don't want to be Sleeparound Sue...dating and hooking up with dudes while living with a dude they're hooking up with. You seem a little desperate, but like you know better. It seems like you might wind up footing the bill for your sex buddy's flings. You want her to be your girlfriend but she wants to play the field. How long do you think that's going to last? Either she'll meet someone who won't be cool with you being her back-up sex, or you'll find another girl and have to deal with her jealousy while living together.

There are several theories I could float, but to bottom line it for you: this chick is nuts, don't so it.

Last edited by jdmil; 06-01-2015 at 09:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 09:13 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
I would also suggest you to establish some rules with this girl before you move in.

Remember, rules that can't be enforced are meaningless. So each rule should come with some sort of enforcement clause. Some rules should incur a small punishment such as doing all the dishes for a week or $20 paid immediately; others should allow either party to move out without financial obligation i.e. the other party refuses to honor the small punishment.

For example, "you would be guaranteed to have sex at a certain frequency" would be a good rule to have. :-) Breaking that and if not cured for X amount of time, it should allow you to move out without having to pay the rest of the lease.

Please do not trade anything for sexual favor. Sex should remain free. I know it's a little contradicting to my sample rule above. :-) Don't list a rule that says if she doesn't do the dishes, you receive a BJ a week. That's stupid as pretty soon you will be doing everything.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 06-01-2015 at 09:23 AM..

Old 06-01-2015, 11:07 AM

34 posts, read 36,501 times
I just see more positives than negatives really.

I mean out of my mom's house which i can hardly stand too be at anymore. No more driving 45 miles to work

Old 06-01-2015, 11:08 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasn88cubs View Post

I mean out of my mom's house which i can hardly stand too be at anymore. No more driving 45 miles to work
So why do you hesitate? Why did you not jump at the offer??

Old 06-01-2015, 11:21 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,799 times
Why is living with this person the only way to get out of your mother's house? Don't you have a job? Was your plan all along to live with your mom until a drama-filled situation came along?

Old 06-01-2015, 11:35 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,984,503 times
This is interesting, I've also gotten to know someone who has the OP-girlfriend's lifestyle and told me a bit about it. She basically has a boyfriend, but they both see and have sex with others. The boyfriend has even gone on vacation with another woman recently. I've since been trying to wrap my head around how this arrangement works, and why someone would want it.

To the OP I offer this advice: Figure out what you like about this woman, and why. Write that stuff down so you can see it. Then figure out if you want to move in with her... and why. Then lastly address the "open relationship" concept... what do you like about it and what don't you like about it? I'd then meet up with your girlfriend and talk to her asking her those questions (about you). I suspect her answers will enlighten you as much as your own answers (which I recommend you keep to yourself unless she asks you for them).

I JUST read a post from the OP re: still living with his mother... that makes the whole thing with this thread much more interesting... Now I am under the impression that the young lady in question is offering to help the OP out by permitting him to move in and pay half rent. This does change things. To me it makes it clear that she has a good heart and good intentions and she has declared how if things go south after you move in that you and her are allowed to see others (she's trying to make you feel more secure about moving in). There's a serious problem with that thinking though... it doesn't work. When things go south relationship-wise you will be out on your ass looking for another place to live, having to move all your stuff, having to do so on a timeframe she will likely set. Not cool... been there, done that. A much better alternative is to either make the best out of living with your mother or to move out into a situation where your name is on the lease and bills so that relationship woes don't escalate to you needing to move.

Old 06-01-2015, 11:41 AM

34 posts, read 36,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
Why is living with this person the only way to get out of your mother's house? Don't you have a job? Was your plan all along to live with your mom until a drama-filled situation came along?
Because i don't makr enough to pay 700.00 a month for rent

Old 06-01-2015, 11:47 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Because i don't makr enough to pay 700.00 a month for rent

So get roommates. Ones you aren't sleeping with. Most everyone has roommates right out of college. Plenty do well into their 30s.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:51 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,984,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
So get roommates. Ones you aren't sleeping with. Most everyone has roommates right out of college. Plenty do well into their 30s.
^^^this^^^

For real brother - having sex with your landlord who will potentially want to bring other guys in to have sex with after dates?... step back, breathe, and be pragmatic... it will be good while it is good, but when something like a simple fight happens... you will be the one compelled to leave since it will be your girlfriend's place.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:11 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:

Well then do it!!

One word of advice... Get a signed agreement with her that you will pay $300 a month on the first of every month. Put in the agreement that you can leave without notice at any time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships