Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 12:58 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,416 times

Advertisements

Why some people don't honor "I am married" ?

Wearing the ring or other type of commitment symbol but when saying I am married, some men (and I assume some women but I don't attract too much lesbians)

does not stop flirting or hitting on but continues it.

Why being married is not a fine reason to leave a person alone? "No thanks, I am married" and some men still goes on.

Could we start a new international style and believe if a married person says no thanks, I am married.

Why people don't honor other peoples marriages?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 01:05 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,401 times
I think some people (men and women) see the ring as two things. 1: A challenge (basically they are playing a game to see if they can get you in bed) or 2: A way of getting a non-committed relationship (figure they can cheat with you... get the sex... get stuff from you.. and not have to put up with being serious and if you don't do what they want, there is always blackmail/threaten to tell your spouse).

Always be cautious of people who purposely go after married people. Their interest is selfish and self serving.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:07 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
50% of women cheat. If every guy honors the commitment, we would become extinct.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I think some people (men and women) see the ring as two things. 1: A challenge (basically they are playing a game to see if they can get you in bed) or 2: A way of getting a non-committed relationship (figure they can cheat with you... get the sex... get stuff from you.. and not have to put up with being serious and if you don't do what they want, there is always blackmail/threaten to tell your spouse).

Always be cautious of people who purposely go after married people. Their interest is selfish and self serving.
Yes, a challenge seem to be addiction for some people. The more you tell you are loyal the more they seem to like to try if that is true Uncomfortable.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
50% of women cheat. If every guy honors the commitment, we would become extinct.
Source of that number?

Old 06-01-2015, 01:32 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Why some people don't honor "I am married" ?

Wearing the ring or other type of commitment symbol but when saying I am married, some men (and I assume some women but I don't attract too much lesbians)

does not stop flirting or hitting on but continues it.

Why being married is not a fine reason to leave a person alone? "No thanks, I am married" and some men still goes on.

Could we start a new international style and believe if a married person says no thanks, I am married.

Why people don't honor other peoples marriages?
Nobody has to honor my marriage but my husband and myself.

If someone is bothering me and I want them to leave me alone, it shouldn't matter if I'm married or not. "No, thanks," should be sufficient, without needing the "No, thanks, I'm married," disclaimer. The fact that I'm saying "back off" should be what holds weight, not the caveat of "because I'm married." It doesn't matter. I said back off.

Old 06-01-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Nobody has to honor my marriage but my husband and myself.

If someone is bothering me and I want them to leave me alone, it shouldn't matter if I'm married or not. "No, thanks," should be sufficient, without needing the "No, thanks, I'm married," disclaimer. The fact that I'm saying "back off" should be what holds weight, not the caveat of "because I'm married." It doesn't matter. I said back off.

True, but I find it is nicer toward a guy to say I am married than back off or something mean that is insulting a person itself. Some people are sensitive for rejections.

Old 06-01-2015, 02:33 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,084,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post

Yep.

It's called narcissism. They don't care about the damage; they only care about instant gratification.

Old 06-01-2015, 02:37 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
Some people don't respect boundaries.

Being married isn't necessarily a deterrent for everyone.

Some married people who are looking to cheat actually seek out other married people to cheat with; there's less likelihood of getting caught because both cheaters have something to lose, and therefore are more likely to keep their mouths shut.

Old 06-01-2015, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Yep.

It's called narcissism. They don't care about the damage; they only care about instant gratification.

Yes, someone who claimed to be my friend would not care if my marriage would be gone. I sincerely did not care of him in romantic matter. But his behaviour show he would not care and therefore would not be a friend after all.

Just for the kicks of ego boost, it is hard to believe some people really do things like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships