Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 06:15 PM

39 posts, read 31,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
My guess is these fellas are probably married, in a LTR, LDR, or relationship where they're seeking out their options. I've read even on these similar forums guys who confess about browsing dating sites (while they are in a *serious* relationship), and, also tout about how great of a guy they are. Haha.
Being an outcast has some advantages in that regard. No one ever questions whether you are really single or not. They just know because of your awkwardness and being naive. Guys who do that sort of thing will get caught eventually. Even if their co-worker will never rat 'em out due to honoring oaths we promised to keep. You still aren't stupid and clueless to know what they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 02:24 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,497,966 times
No big deal. I do that sometimes with my hidden Match profile. I'll just troll and like any pictures that a gal's profile will have with only a pet in it. Usually, that is their best picture(s)--so maybe it's legit and not trolling after all. Ooops!

Old 06-06-2015, 09:59 AM

491 posts, read 402,499 times
I hide and hide my profile for reasons that have nothing to do with dating. Work or school get busy, I have multiple projects going on, I have to travel, etc. Sometimes I'm just exhausted of it and need a break. I think I'm had my profile hidden for over a month now. I was in some casual messaging with a couple of men on there. If a guy doesn't pique my interest enough to want to take it offline within a day or two, then it probably won't happen.

Aziz Ansari had some interesting thoughts about online dating in TIME magazine. Actually it was his comic take on the scientists that he worked with. Worth a read: Aziz Ansari: Love, Online Dating, Modern Romance and the Internet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships