Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 09:28 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Again, OP, have you tried joining clubs, hobby activities, etc.? Going to charity events is a good way to access people who are at least employed and financially stable enough to be able to donate to a cause.

And you'd be surprised what losing 30 lbs. and trimming up would do for you. Unfortunately, a pretty face (which you have) + nice figure is what attracts male attention initially. Of course, you have to have a good personality and enough brains for good conversation to back that up, but it's a small minority of men who go for chubby women. You may feel much better about yourself if you start going to the gym (free, at your university, or virtually free via the YMCA, or city-subsidized gyms), and taking care of yourself in that way.
I lost 30 pounds a few years ago. I wish I had "before" pictures to show a comparison. It really makes a huge difference in your overall appearance.

I don't know if you're overweight or not; but if you are then it would be wise to consider a healthier lifestyle because once you hit your 30s, it becomes easier to gain weight and harder to lose it.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:33 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,498,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
I have a reputation as giving harsh feedback to men about their appearance, but I don't often comment about women. But you desperately need a reality check, you need to loose at least 30 lbs. I was going to type more detail, but have decided that is enough criticism for now. Based upon this comment, I suspect people have been telling you to "work on your game", that was just them politely saying you need to make yourself more attractive. The reason men do not ask you out *is* because of your looks. Saying you are fine with who you are and that you don't care what other people think is fine until you come on here and bemoan the fact that men don't ask you out. If you are not willing to put in the effort to make yourself more attractive don't expect much attention from men in the future.

And I agree with Timberline, ignore the advice to stay away from OLD and bars. They are your two best bets.
Agreed. OP needs all the social exposure she can get. Mod cut.

But, you are correct that OP having to chase isn't a good sign and I don't need a pic to tell me that. Most every woman that's ever clearly pursued me was someone I'd not given a thought to at that time. Guys are biologically looks slanted in their choice of mates. Two women initiate with me, the better looking one will win. Period. Two good looking women hit on me at once? I better just wake up, because that's not happening too often. They'll look more like what I had to count at Magic Mike this evening walking into the auditorium. Sigh.

You can throw out all the "real women" and "men like women with meat; dogs like bones" nonsense, but guys don't take to it. If you like yourself, OP, fair enough--you deal with thee results, or lack thereof, though. I thought I was a swell guy at 206 lbs and 25% body fat, but I was still packing a tire. About 10% body fat lower and more chisel in the right places bring different results, though.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-02-2015 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: Rude; orphaned comments.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:08 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
Thread closed at OP's request.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships