Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 10:34 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times

Advertisements

Just realize there will be time enough to worry about your domestic life after the job interview, and that if you do well, you will feel very good about yourself.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 10:38 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,191,612 times
Baby steps on everything. You can't fix everything tonight - or tomorrow.

Go and knock out that interview. You will feel better with a job you like.

Possibly take a break from each other - you may find out that you operate better without him. Or it may prove to both of you that you belong together, and work on the joint negativity.

Work on feeling positive - both about the job interview tomorrow and your life in general.

Good luck tomorrow!

Old 06-04-2015, 05:38 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,150,565 times
Good luck with your interview. It's only an hour or so that you need to focus on that, and only that. Put your personal issues aside for that brief time.

Stop communicating with your husband via text. That's just ridiculous and will only exacerbate the problems. If you cannot have an actual conversation with your husband, your marriage will not survive. Instead of just getting medication, look into some marriage counseling since you clearly do not have functional communications -- and individual counseling for yourself.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:48 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
If you really do complain a lot, I can see why he would be annoyed. That's a lot of negativity. I personally can't stand to be around incessant complainers.
^ This.

Old 06-04-2015, 06:52 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
You and your husband sound more like bickering roommates than best friends and lovers. What attracted you to each other in the first place? Do you take your vows seriously? Is your marriage a godly based marriage?

You have to ask yourself if complaining to your husband about every little thing is productive to your marriage and relationship. A husband and wife should be each others biggest supporters, but temper it with instilling responsibility. If your husband is being irresponsible by playing video games as an addiction, then he can be called out on it.... If he is playing video games just to unwind after all other responsibilities are met.... encourage it!

I suggest reading this book - The Love Dare

Start doing a few of those acts to reconnect with whatever made your relationship work in the first place. I think you will find things that you appreciate your husband for.

Old 06-04-2015, 06:55 AM

761 posts, read 832,314 times
Sorry to say the whole thing sounds childish.
Underneath all of this, there must be a core reason for him wanting a divorce.

That's what needs to be examined and discussed as adults and forget the petty arguments.

Old 06-04-2015, 07:07 AM

745 posts, read 800,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Yes, complaining about a crappy video game company is definitely grounds for divorce.
The OP sounds like a chronic NAG. That gets old after years and years, one day someone has had enough, and that's that. Don't matter what it is...

I saw it with my own parents. Married 33 years, one day my dad had enough... peace out

The actual argument was over something completely petty, but the cumulative result of 33 years of nagging and being a ***** made it what it was

Old 06-04-2015, 07:19 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,657,460 times
Let's see, your husband thinks your a nag, your mother says you were a mean kid, you think your Dad is a jerk and you pissed your sister off? And, you wonder why dear hubby is looking for a way out There is so much negativity from you that you may need to look into professional help.

Old 06-04-2015, 07:30 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Here's my suggestion and take on the whole thing:

YOU need therapy.
Your husband needs therapy.
Your mom needs therapy.
Your dad needs (if still alive) therapy.
Your sister needs therapy.

Old 06-04-2015, 07:35 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,404,313 times
It sounds like you have countless issues. You're angry, stressed, irritable. You also 'support' him? And he's staying with your family? Eh.. the entire situation is messed up. I agree with him : you need help. In the meantime, quit arguing with him about it. Ignore him, do your own thing for awhile and see what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships