Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 08:51 PM

690 posts, read 2,103,548 times

Advertisements

My husband has been out of town for the past week and we got into this big fight via text on Monday. It started out as me complaining about a video game he plays and how I had a bad experience with the company that makes the game. I was saying nasty things about the company and that irritated him because I guess I did it one too many times. It escalated into him telling me he was tired of me and my complaining, hating and issues with my body. He told me I was just like my dad, which I did not like because my dad is kind of a jerk. He says that I'm anti-social and hate all people (not true, I'm just introverted and don't have or want tons of friends...but I do have a couple). And then he said once we get our money situation straightened out, we're going to get a divorce.

Then we talked again last night. He was still kind of negative and said we are headed to divorce town unless I "get some help". I made an appointment today to ask my doctor for anti-anxiety medication, I figured that's what he was getting at. But that doesn't really help me right now. I have a job interview tomorrow for a job that I think I might really enjoy and that will pay me well, but on top of being stressed out about everything, my self-esteem is in the gutter.

Oh yeah, and I also made my sister angry last night, so I'm worried that she will tell him the things I said while I was upset (I'm tired of supporting his &$$....I'm the best thing that happened to him but he still acts like a *%$&!, etc) because he's staying with my family right now. And my mom has been telling him stories about how mean I was as a kid and how I used to scream a lot. I asked him if she told him any good stories about me and he said "are there any?", so I take that as a "no".

I keep thinking about texting him to ask him for a vote of confidence for my interview but I'm worried we'll get into a fight again. I really want a peaceful night tonight. I also want to get some self-esteem back. Maybe I am an awful person. My best friend says I didn't do anything wrong and that he's just being a jerk. But my husband is threatening to divorce me, my mom doesn't have any good stories to tell about me and now my sister won't talk to me.

But I can work on all that later and I will. I don't want to be a bad person, if I indeed am one. For now, though, I just want to be relaxed and confident for my interview tomorrow. Any tips on how to feel better about yourself and not worry about the storm that might be ahead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 09:01 PM

61,259 posts, read 86,144,940 times
Husband wants divorce, because you dared to criticize his video game??? WTF!!!!!!!!
Do yourself a favor and divorce that sorry a$$.
For now, try to be relaxed and confident for your job interview, that might mark a new chapter in your new and happier life.
Don't text him tonight, you don't need any drama - you need a good night sleep. Take a long bath, or watch your favorite movie...
Your interview is just that start of your story, much success in your life you are still yet to see.
Good luck!!

Last edited by elnina; 06-03-2015 at 09:12 PM..

Old 06-03-2015, 09:08 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,674,385 times
He wants out. The game is just an excuse. He doesn't sound too happy with himself either.

Leave him and focus on yourself for a while.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:20 PM

40,930 posts, read 48,909,839 times
Important discussions by text really Sux.

Pick up the phone and have a conversation so you can read the tone and emotion.

Texts should not be more than 8 words long.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Husband wants divorce, because you dared to criticize his video game??? WTF!!!!!!!!
Do yourself a favor and divorce that sorry a$$.
For now, try to be relaxed and confident for your job interview, that might mark a new chapter in your new and happier life.
Don't text him tonight, you don't need any drama - you need a good night sleep. Take a long bath, or watch your favorite movie...
Your interview is just that start of your story, much success in your life you are still yet to see.
Good luck!!
Thanks...a bath does sound nice.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
He wants out. The game is just an excuse. He doesn't sound too happy with himself either.

Leave him and focus on yourself for a while.
Thank you. It does seem inevitable. I feel like I want to delay it or something. Which is stupid, I know.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Important discussions by text really Sux.

Pick up the phone and have a conversation so you can read the tone and emotion.

Texts should not be more than 8 words long.
Yeah, I do text too much. I think it's because I do it at work off and on and I don't want everyone else to hear a personal conversation. And I don't want to leave my desk. But I keep getting into trouble with texts...hmm.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:30 PM

17,648 posts, read 15,364,610 times
Text only to confirm plans, let someone know if you're late, or need to convey quick info. Texting is not for conversations.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:31 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,105,511 times
Delay all of it....Give yourself some time ans space, from everybody. Do like Elina said, watch a favorite feel good movie, get your mojo back and give yourself a pep talk. It sounds like you are in a pretty difficult situaion, and a job could gt you out of it....plus if it is a job you'll like, you'll get your self esteem back.

Get your interview outfit ready and laid out, and do your nails and plan your hairdo....primp a bit in the tub....get yourself focused on a better day tomorrow. Good luck on your interview!

Old 06-03-2015, 09:31 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,090,283 times
I second the bath and your favorite movie (or book) idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships