Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2015, 02:49 PM

3 posts, read 3,324 times

Advertisements

I'm curious as to whether or not a friend of my boyfriend likes me.

We'll call him Chad. Chad is single and a good friend of my boyfriend's. Of course we've come to be friends now as well. We get along great, like best friends! (My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 3 years).

Most Saturday nights we have dinner (out at a restaurant) with Chad. Just him. We do try to invite others, and they do join us from time to time but for the most part it is just the 3 of us. After dinner, we will typically end up at Chad's house to hang for a bit, drink a little, and play with his dogs.

The thing is I'm starting to wonder that he may like me as more than a friend. So what are the signs? Especially if he is not being aggressive about it and doesn't want to be known? He is a very kind, polite, respectful guy and would never try to interfere with our relationship. I would just like to affirm my thoughts!

So here are some things that I have picked up on:

-He is always noticing or complimenting me on new clothes, headbands, hairstyle, etc. I find this unusual bc my bf doesn't even notice or say anything about my outfits or hair.
-He remembers every little thing I say. Again, weird bc my bf barely hears the things I say, never mind remembers them
-I know that being 'touchy' is a sign that someone likes you. But not sure if these count- he will randomly mention how some part of his body, like his hand, feels weird and will ask me to touch it and feel it, but doesn't ask my bf to. Once we were on the couch with his dog between us and he playfully grabbed his dog's tail to tickle me with it and we just laughed when I looked over. So he isn't being creepy touchy, just you know subtle. But I can't tell if it is intentional or innocent.
-We tend to talk more then he and my bf talk when we are over his house.
-He always has something to "show" me when we come over, just me though and not my bf. Like, "Skye come here I want you to check out this new decoration I put in the fishtank" or something random like that
-They are both 29 and I am 21. We were talking about something stupid that my bf did once and Chad was like, so if I do that I can get a 21 year old gf too?
-He is always super duper nice to me and accomodating. I was washing my hands in his kitchen once while he was on the phone in the next room. I realize there weren't any napkins around so I was just going to dry my hands in the bathroom, when he comes over from the other room, still on the phone, to give me the shirt he had just been wearing so that I could dry my hands off bc he needed to buy more napkins. I mean, I would have been fine using the bathroom towel or even toilet paper. If I say that I need to use the restroom, he will run upstairs and make sure it is clean and has tp before I go. I mean I'm not a prude, this is not necessary really.
-I'm a bit wild with my fashion choices, and he always has something to say about how my outfits are crazy. One time he told me he had seen someone who reminded him of me bc of what she was wearing. I was like "don't compare me to people" (playfully of course, but i do like to think my style is original) and he was like "what, she was just wearing something like one of those little outfits you wear, I would take it as a compliment". But I don't understand how that is a compliment.
-We came over once while he was washing his dogs and he was just like "I wasn't going to wash them, but then I figured, Skye would like the dogs all nice and clean". I love his dogs! So I would take them clean or covered in mud.
-Sometimes I get too drunk and leave things at his house, and if its a jacket he will hang it up nicely and wipe it off of dog hair, or if it is my phone he will charge it for me until I can come and get it.

I could probably go on but I think that this is enough of a description of how Chad is towards me. So is it just that we are that close, and have a best friend relationship sort of (of course we aren't, we don't text each other or hang out w/o my bf ever), or does he have a crush?

I'm pretty clueless, So weigh in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 02:56 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye_lovesyou View Post

-They are both 29 and I am 21. We were talking about something stupid that my bf did once and Chad was like, so if I do that I can get a 21 year old gf too?
Ew.

Also, you know we can look at your old posts? In January you were talking about "some guy you just started seeing."

What's up, Skye?

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 06-06-2015 at 03:05 PM..

Old 06-06-2015, 04:43 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,355,682 times
You have a BF. Why does it matter?

Are you willing to dump your BF for his best friend? That's kind of messed up.

Are you looking to cheat on your BF again?

Old 06-06-2015, 08:43 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Your poor BF. How many guys do you plan hooking-up with behind his back?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships